“Good Thai food with a little extra Asian tossed in!”
Review of Simply Thai

Simply Thai
Ranked #216 of 666 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed May 14, 2016

I'm out to find the best Thai food in Ft Collins, having recently moved to the area. So this was my first place, simply because it was close to where I was at the moment. The restaurant does serve alcohol, a plus, and a good variety of Thai dishes, plus some extra non-Thai, but Asian cuisine.
I ordered from the Special menu, Pad Woon Sen - one of my favorite dishes. No choice on protein with it, but had all - chicken, shrimp, pork, egg. I chose the spicy 3 (hot) version. It was GOOD. Perfect spice level for me (I like it hot), plenty of food, and came with a choice of rice (jasmine, brown, coconut)...though I would have preferred perhaps salad instead.
Staff was friendly and prompt! Good service.
My only disappointment was that it was not owned by Thais, and not a Thai person in sight...so, trying to practice my Thai language skills was out of the question..... oh well!

The only reason I didn't give an excellent is that I am comparing to a Thai restaurant where I used to live....so the search goes on!!!

Reviewed May 10, 2016

We decided to try Simply Thai for lunch one weekend, and to be honest, we were simply underwhelmed.

We were able to seat ourselves but it took several minutes to be acknowledged and given menus and silverware. Two wait staff passed by us several times as they were serving other customers, but a lady who seemed to be more of a manager finally waited on after asking if anyone had helped us yet.

We tried the Traditional Thai hot & spicy soup, which was very sweet, surprisingly. The Gyoza (fried potstickers) were tasty and served hot with a house soy sauce. The Kra Pao chicken entree was large enough for two to share - which we did - and it came with choice of rice. The entree was simply lackluster, not very flavorful.

Bottom line: We would probably not dine here again given so many other thai restaurants in the area that we've yet to try.

Reviewed March 2, 2016

Location is in a strip mall but has plenty of parking. Staff are polite, efficient and get you to your seat quickly and check back to see if you are settled and begin the process of explaining specials, taking drink orders and so forth.
This is a return kind of place because whether you sit down and dine in or come and get a take out order the food is wonderful.

Reviewed January 2, 2016

We visited for lunch recently. Their portions are ample; we ordered our favorite -
Pineapple Fried Rice - Stir-fried jasmine rice with pineapple, egg, peas, carrots, yellow curry powder, raisins, cashews, onions, and cilantro. This dish is always tasty, and can be ordered in different degrees of spicyness. Although the menu states Diet Pepsi, they now have Coke products. We ordered two Diet Cokes (which we don't even like in the first place); they came back with one regular Coke and one barely full Diet, saying the machine wasn't working properly. Even though refills are included, of course there would be none on the Diet, and my husband was not even offered a refill on the regular. There was no offer of free drinks; I told them that at least one should be taken off, and they grudgingly did that. Overall, customer service was mediocre; friendliness could definitely be improved. This is a small, family run, low key restaurant. The decor is quite basic, there are tears in the booth seats, and the dishes are older stoneware. The menu offers quite a variety of noodle and rice dishes, and soups. As long as you don't expect gourmet presentation or fancy atmosphere, you can get decent food at reasonable prices.

Reviewed December 18, 2015

A sticky front door was the friendliest thing about the place. After we finally wrenched it open, the defensive waitress brought menus and water, then kept us waiting while she chatted with the cook. After being ignored for ten minutes, we walked out. Usually, I enjoy their food and the weekday lunch waitress is a gem, but the prices have climbed and the weekend staff was just rude. Save yourself the aggravation.