“Excellant thai food”

Toy's Thai Cafe
Ranked #285 of 628 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 October 2016

This is a small one of a kind restaurant. The food is wonderful and the service is good. Highly recommend for folks on a budget.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

This small restaurant has become one of my favorites because the red chicken curry is very tasty and the service is very personalized. Toy & his wife greet us and are very nice. And to top it off food it's priced correctly. Highly recommend you have red chicken curry here.

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

This place has really tasty food. The buffet is sit down style where they bring you 5 to 6 items that they have prepared for the day. We have always had a great experience here and when we are looking for a good Thai restaurant, chances are we're picking Toy's. Really friendly service. Always fast. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

As I walked in the door something seemed to be off. The decor wasn't quite right and my greeting was strange and rather impersonal...Bizarre for Thai folks who are normally service fanatics. We sat outside and waited for our server who didn't come for a spell. We ordered Thai coffee/tea, spring rolls, chicken satay, Pad Thai, and one another entree which was so poor I can't even remember what it was. Coffee and tea were fairly good facsimiles but not quite right. When the spring rolls came it was on Chinese melmac and the peanut sauce was seriously gross. A strange cold paste that absolutely came out of a jar from the fridge. The satay was easily the worst I've had. Totally bland and once again accompanied with the same cold peanut sauce. Then came the eye opener...the Pad Thai, which was served with chop sticks? (Thai folks don't use chopsticks Toy!) Greasy, topped with strange scrambled eggs, bland to just off putting. More like lo mien from a Chinese restaurant rather than delicious Thai food. I OK with anyone making Thai food but it should be a pure representation of the culture and freshest food. Chinese folks doing Thai poorly doesn't cut it. The college kids might be easily fooled but if you know the difference save yourself the money and the disappointment. This place gets two major thumbs down...Bummed

Reviewed 25 May 2016

I've been to many Thai restaurants, have visited Thailand 8 times, and I love Thai food and the Thai people. This restaurant just didn't match up to others I've been to. Not a busy place, but I went on a Tues night, so didn't expect it to be. Long, narrow restaurant with typical Thai decorations: pictures of the King and Queen (old ones), and a bit 'tired' looking...

Ordered Som Tom and have to say, it was good. I liked the spicy-ness of it. We also ordered Cream cheese wontons...which were good, as well (was really hoping they had Crab Rangoon, but didn't). Meals we ordered were Penang Curry and Pad Kee Mao.... both ok, but not as good as many other restaurants.

Service was ok...never got a water refill or even asked. Friendly enough, but not attentive enough. Was a bit disappointed.

Not to mention...not an easy place to park nearby.

Prices were good...lower than most, but was reflected in quality.