“Typically good, we go for the familiarity”

East Moon Asian Bistro
Ranked #369 of 668 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Reviewed January 27, 2017

We've been visiting this neighborhood location for years and service is consistently mediocre, but the food is consistently good (even the sushi) and the prices are right.
There's really nothing that stands out about this place - there are a handful of good dishes that we enjoy, the plum wine is a bit overpriced.
However, it's always like this and this is part of why we continue to go back. It doesn't blow our hair back, we don't get super excited, but we know what we're getting and we love it for what it is... weird, right?

Reviewed January 6, 2017

I work near this restaurant and have eaten the Chicken Pad Thai several times. The dish is kind of bland when it is served, but if the hot sauce is added, it bumps up the flavor.
Today I went there with 2 friends and we all ordered it, but when the dishes came out the sauce tasted very fishy. We told the server we didn't care for it and she immediately became defensive and said "We NEVER change the recipe and always make it the same!". Then the owner came by and loudly said the same thing and went into a rant...then said "You don't want to pay!" and she started arguing with us! I said "I don't want this hassle..., please just bring our check"...I've had servers there that are terrible, but thought the food and convenience was worth returning...THEY HAVE CURED ME OF BEING THEIR CUSTOMER! Save yourself the hassle...the food is mediocre at best anyway. The East Moon on Harmony is much better with food and service!

Reviewed September 29, 2016

We eat here every time we visit Fort Collins to see family. Great sushi rolls, thai curry, and sashimi.

Reviewed September 18, 2016

I'd like to rate this a Good to Very Good....still not my favorite in my search for the best Thai food in Ft Collins, but... they have a Sushi Bar (which I didn't try, but looks enticing). I ordered to go, lunch. Tried the special BBQ Calamari, which was a bit rubbery, but when I kept if for leftover the next day and stir fried it....it was yummy.... Tried Pad Se-Lew and it was OK. The noodles were not home made, but the sauce was pretty tasty. I asked for spicy, and it was nicely spicy but not too hot. I could have gone hotter, but understand why they didn't. Friendly staff after we chatted a bit. The location was good, the restaurant looked inviting though a bit dark for lunch.

Not bad. Would love to go back and try some of their other non-Thai, signature dishes.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

There is a lot of variety on this menu, so there's something for everyone. It's not your traditional American Chinese so don't expect that. It has a mix of Thai and Vietnamese with sushi as well. I prefer the sushi. They have some decent lunch and dinner sushi specials, which I've enjoyed in house and as take out. Not everyone has the same level of English speaking skills.