All reviews heating cooling unit newer building quiet at night nice room late checkout new carpet microwave and refrigerator waffles pull out couch standard fare very nice hotel the staff was super friendly sitting area desk clerk quiet location beds were very comfortable would recommend this hotel to anyone
Reviewed July 29, 2018

Don’t understand the extra $100 they bill you at check in. Woke up the next morning with my check out receipt under my door with the agreed $149.00 charge. However, 2 days later my credit card statement showed $249.00. I filed a disputed claim, and another 2 days later it was gone. I booked the room at the $149 rate on the internet. Upon check in they bill me the $149 with an additional $100. Why? Coming back to Ft. Collins next week but I reserved a room at Holiday Inn Express next door.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2018

I wish I had seen some of the other one-star reviews before we booked here.

I have no idea how over 50% of the reviews of this place are 5-star. Something is amiss. TripAdvisor typically never steers us wrong, but we were duped by the rating of this hotel.

The lobby is tiny and not nice. The hotel tries to charge you $1.50/night for the "convenience" of having a safe in your room. (You can ask to waive the fee when you check out, but what a pain. Terrible customer service to make people do this.)

As mentioned elsewhere, there is only one waffle maker in the dining area. At 2.5 mins/waffle, you can guess how long it takes before there is a long line for waffles. Every other hotel was stayed at on a long trip out west had two waffle makers. What's the deal, Comfort Suites?

The room was ok but not great. The only positive was that the shower had good water pressure.

The pool was average. Stayed open until 11 on the night we were there. At first, there were no towels at the pool, but eventually the guy working the front desk came in and resupplied some towels. (Thank you, Mitchell.)

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TravelingG123
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

I’m actually sitting in my room now on the last night of three in this hotel. I was not very pleased with the overall stay. I generally base my thoughts on a hotel based on the price paid. If I stay at an inexpensive hotel I will cut them more slack and I will tend to be more harsh with an expensive hotel. This room was $150 and it is the busy season, so I would say it was “average” price.

Hotel itself- lobby wasn’t great, seemed like a budget hotel. There was a musty smell in the halls. The elevator was old and showed the age of the hotel.

Breakfast- ok, nothing exceptional. There is one waffle maker and it results in a line for waffles. This was quite a pain. Other than that, the usual sausages, eggs, yogurt, etc.

Room- bed was comfortable. The tv has adequate channels. There is a microwave and refrigerator.

Internet- the WiFi was ok for most purposes.

Air conditioner- well this was a problem. The room had a wall/window style stand alone air conditioner. It would continually trip the inline fuse and turn off. I called the front desk and they sent someone to look at it, but he just hit the reset button. I would go away during the day and come back to hot room (100 degree days). In the evening and at night I would have to reset it many, many times.

Pool- I don’t normally use the pool, but my son was with me so we used it. It was nice and there was a hot tub. The only problem was that there were no towels at the pool. There was a place for towels, but it was not stocked.

Overall, it wasn’t great for the price. There are many other hotels in the area that would provide a better experience.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Brimst0ne
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

I just returned from a two night stay at the Comfort Suites Ft. Collins. The hotel was very convenient to my corporate office and seemed to be located close to many restaurants and retailers. The room was very large, very clean and the bed was comfortable. The WiFi in the room was fast and more than able to handle my internet needs.
If I return to Ft. Collins in the future I will stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

My time at Comfort Suites was truly excellent. The location was ideal with plenty of food options, both fast food and more formal locations, present in the vicinity. Grocery stores, gas stations, and even a movie theater were all close as well. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool which was incredibly clean. The staff were all helpful and prompt which enhanced our experience. The prices, even during graduation season, were quite reasonable. Would 100% definitely recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a reasonably priced, comfortable place with friendly service.

Date of stay: May 2018