“OVERALL GREAT PLACE TO STAY, GREAT BREAKFAST INCLUDED”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fraser - Winter Park Area
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fraser
Reviewed 14 January 2018

This hotel is great, being a Holiday Inn Express, it was very modern, new, clean feeling, I loved that about it!

PROS:
This hotel is only a couple years old.
Young, attentive staff at the front desk.
VERY COMFORTABLE BEDS AND PILLOWS!!! Huge plus!
Bath & Body Works brand lotion and shampoos/conditioners in rooms :)
Close to alot of shops and restaurants, There is a Safeway store/deli and a Murdochs general store within walking distance, also an Elevations Pizza across the road that is GOOD!
Ski bus and "all around town" free bus called the LIFT, stops near this hotel.
Breakfast was huge, many options to choose from. Highlights for me were very fresh oranges, bananas, Chobani yogurts, juices, hard boiled eggs.. they also had biscuits & gravy, eggs, cereals, pancakes even! Best assortment I have seen at a hotel breakfast!
Hotel is directly across from Fraser tubing hills, I highly recommend you go, it's AWESOME family fun. Jacob at the hotel front desk gave us tubing coupons and a friendly smile, even as he dealt with many guests and grumpy people.. He was wonderful!
Rooms have fridge and microwave and nice Samsung flat screen TVs

CONS:
Room could have been cleaned better, found a dirty sock from the previous guest eww
Small pool, it's ok.. but there were about 8 guests in there and it felt too crowded for comfort.
It's pricey! (All Winter park/ Fraser hotels are though)... I would rather stay here than someplace that is gross and 30 years old, for the little extra money

So, WAY more pros than cons and I would stay again!

Room Tip: I would choose 3rd floor! The people I was staying with wanted 1st floor to be close to the pool but...
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
RJ B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fraser - Winter Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear COchicky, Wow, what a wonderfully detailed review! Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a review. It was our pleasure hosting you here. Believe me, the staff appreciate all of your kind words. However, I do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while you were with us. Please come back to the Winter Park/ Fraser Area and we will show you we are the best lodging option. Until next time, have a great rest of your winter. Best, RJ Brule Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Fraser, CO

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Great location to everything in winter park and Frasier. Hotel is updated and had a good breakfast selection for both kids and adults. Staff is very friendly and fixed issues upon check in quickly. (Room had some dirty sheets upon check in but was immediately replaced upon calling down to front desk). Rooms were good size for 2 adults and 2 young boys. ( king room with sofa pull out).

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
RJ B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fraser - Winter Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear moyer257, I sincerely appreciate you choosing to stay with us recently and hope you had some fun while you were here in the Rocky Mountains. Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our staff, location and breakfast. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the sheets while you were here. We are an award winning IHG property and I assure you that this will not happen again. Please come visit us again as we would be honored to host you on your next getaway.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

very good tv, remote ez 2 use; lots of channels, including spanish. we were upgraded 2 a king + a sofa with coffee table in front of it. the room had many features, incl. fridge (but no microwave) mattresses were new and high quality; either a plush or pillow top style.

lobby, grounds, breakfast area = immaculate. front desk workers, computers = 100% on their game(s) night & morning shift, both.

NEGATIVES:

yellowish / urine in bowl in my toilet when I first entered my room
breakfast attendant handled / moved / rotated bagels with her bare hands (no tongs or clear plastic gloves) I really don't care about these 2 items, but wanted to tell the truth.

Room Tip: balconies on back half of 2nd and 3rd floor
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
RJ B, Front Desk Extraordinaire Jacob at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fraser - Winter Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear jewell69, Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Fraser, Colorado. Glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving here with us. We hope you can get some time off again and play in all the powder we are sure to get. Maybe do a little tubing one day and take some snowmobiles out the next. Just give a call here when your ready to book that wonderful suite we offer, and I will be sure to get you in there. Thank you again and hope to see you soon. Front Desk Extraordinaire Jacob

Reviewed 7 November 2017

great continental breakfest, scramble eggs and bacon ,plus cerials ,oatmeal,hot cake etc and coffee and juice selection,in large dedicated eating area off lobby..Hotel close to ski lifts and next door to large super market with deli and starbucks Rooms were very confortable and quiet
I would go back again.I had to cancel my 3rd day because snow was forcasted, they put up and returned that days money to my account upon leaving

Staff let me in my room at 10am when I wasn't suppose to be in until 3pm at no charge . i was extremely happy

Room Tip: balcony room more spacious ,has small suite
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
RJ B, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fraser - Winter Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Robert,
Thank you so much for staying with us! The staff is glad to hear that you had a wonderful time. It's nice to know that you had a comfortable and quiet stay. The fact that you thought our property is conveniently located for your needs will be helpful for our future guests! We very much hope to see you again in the future.

Best wishes,
Dallas Anderson
Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Fraser, Colorado

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Best everything in winter park like supermarket and very good restaurants and parks and lakes .. you just need a car.
Price very good . Clean . Staff as family . Breakfast in small lobby with not a wide kind of food but it was amazing

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
William T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fraser - Winter Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Bahar9733, Thank you so much for your recent stay with us! It is so good to hear that you enjoyed your time here in the mountains and that our hotel met your needs. As far as the breakfast goes, I hope you tried our pancakes, they are delicious! From everyone here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Fraser, Colorado, we hope to see you again soon. Best, RJ Brule Front Office Manager

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Room was very nice and clean. I'm thinking this hotel is not very old. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was okay, but it was a hot breakfast and not just bagels and cereal. Staff at front desk were really nice and we were able to check in a few hours early.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 23 September 2017

Dear lindahS4619PW , Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Fraser, Colorado. Glad to hear you had a wonderful stay. Yes, having a little more than bagels and cereal for breakfast is nice. Hotel is new, we did a lot of remodeling here. Happy to hear check in went smoothly for you as well. Hope you come back to see us soon. Front Desk Extraordinaire Jacob

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Did not stay there but the customer service was amazing when there was confusion about a cancellation. They went above and beyond to correct a reservation that I had made for a large party attending a family wedding. Thanks Renee.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 26 September 2017

Dear placestosee5, I must agree with you, Renne is quite the boss. She goes above and beyond for her guests, just as she does for her employees. She is quite the G.M. I am glad everything worked out for you, and Renee was able to assist you on that reservation. I will be sure to let her know of this wonderful review. I may even just go buy her a Starbucks! Front Desk Extraordinaire Jacob

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fraser
8.1 km away
3.4 km away
Trailhead Inn
Trailhead Inn
#2 of 14 in Winter Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fraser - Winter Park Area? Share your experiences!