“You will not be disappointed ”

Butterhorn Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Frisco
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The Butterhorn Bakery & Cafe has been in business for about 40 years. It is the local's and tourist's favorite spot for breakfast and lunch. Every recipe is handcrafted from scratch in our kitchen and we bake everything fresh daily in our bakery. We also offer cappuccino, vanilla skinny lattes, homemade bloody marys and bubbly mimosas! We have been VOTED #1 by Trip advisor, Yelp and Urbanspoon for 4 years in a row, due to our friendly service, efficient kitchen, reasonable prices and most importantly, great food! We offer both full table service and quick counter service for those in a hurry. Our goal is to bring you the best breakfast and lunch experience around. Come check us out today, you won't be disappointed!
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Main Street staple. Great breakfast and lunch. Busy but worth the wait. Very split ability portions. Not fancy but basic good food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,122)

Reviewed April 2, 2018

We stopped in Frisco on the way down the mountain after a week’s skiing and chanced upon this place. We figured it might be good when there was a longish wait (c 15 mins on a sunny Saturday mid morning, so probably peak time to be fair); it was populated by all ages - there was a lady in her 90s walking at snail’s pace with a Zimmer out of the restaurant when we arrived, so we thought that if she was prepared to make such a huge effort to get breakfast there must be something good going on here. And there was! Prompt polite and efficient service plus THE most delicious pancakes I’ve ever tasted (and I lived in the US for 5 years so I’ve tasted them all). Definitely worth the wait. And, btw, they operate a pager system so you can go for a short wander into the lovely nearby shops while you’re waiting.

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Small place with tables cramped together. Good service. Relatively quick service. Food was cooked fine. Just thought that $12 was a lot for 2 eggs, toast, bacon and home fries. Seems very popular but nothing to write home about in my opinion

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

Stopped for lunch with my husband. Excellent food as always. I ordered a dirty chai coffee and it was very good and not too sweet.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

Lots of people waiting at midmorning, but a table for 2 is easier to score. I found the food good, not exceptional. We did not try the signature eggy-bread French toast. Servings are generous and wait staff very pleasant. I had an egg and half order of biscuit and gravy. My egg was overdone, while my wife's poached egg was underdone. The bakery has a wide selection of breads for purchase on the way out, and jalapeno-cheese bread was very good.

Been to Butterhorn Bakery and Cafe? Share your experiences!