All reviews typical courtyard courtyard by marriott newer property strip mall breakfast and dinner walk in shower mountain view front desk staff exercise room would stay here again top floor red mountain king room hot springs wonderful stay the general manager mini fridge
Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here when skiing and visiting friends and it worked well for us. Rooms are very spacious, beds are comfortable and staff are friendly and it’s a good price. If you look closely there is wear and tear with some cracked tiles or holes but it’s clean and I care more about that. I may also have had a room that’s due for some repairs.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

We normally stay at the Residence In right next door, but decided to try the Courtyard. We had a junior suite which was spacious and extremely clean. The staff has been there for a while and are extremely friendly. We will stay there again the next time we are in the area.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2017

Everything was right! Great room, friendly staff, very clean, quiet, food at the Bistro was well prepared. I will be back! The spa and pool were excellent. Management did a great job. Good location to Downtown.

Room tip: The suite 320 was perfect for my 5 day stay.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2017

The room was small (#332.) It is a king room with a sofa bed. Sort of different inasmuch the foot of the bed faces the window. That being said, the TV and internet was great; nice wood furnishings; everything worked great. It had a coffeemaker and a small fridge that we did use.

I know from my previous stay at this same property that the bistro was expensive! Tried to buy bottled water and a coke. The bottled water was $3, same for a pepsi. Wife wanted a coke. Rather than pay $9, i drove 2 blocks to the nearby Target. 24 bottles of water was just $4; was able to buy what wife wanted, a coke, for $1.79.

We didn't utilize the pool, jacuzzi, exercise room, etc. However, elevators were quick. We didn't accidentally get locked out of our room.

We had one night for 25,000 points (this property has a usual rate of 30,000 points.) Marriott Rewards had some sort of discount on points needed for some unknown reason. However, most Courtyard by Marriott properties are more like 20,000 points per night. We didn't have enough points for the second night, so I had to pay a base rate of $162 with all the hotel taxes, etc., it ended up being $182.69.

It was a cramped room, making for a cranky couple. Expensive, too.

They did have 3 luggage carts available in the front vestibule that we used to ferry our luggage in from the car. Front desk people knew their stuff. No waiting; no stubborn / slow credit card reader. They seemed capable of checking in people quickly, and answering the normal questions people might ask.

We declined maid service after the first night, choosing to just ask her for a couple of towels and shampoo when she knocked on the door.

Hallways were clean; void of those little telltale items remaining in the hallway.

Room tip: eyeball the 2nd and 3rd floor rooms directly above the front entrance. the entire bldg juts out further; indicating longer rooms!
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Phillip D, General Manager at Courtyard Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Dear Jewell69,

While I was very happy to see that you enjoyed the appearance and staff of our hotel, I'm sorry to see that we fell short with the size of our room and our prices. Our room rates are constantly scaling with our market, but we always try to be the best value for money in town. While our gift shop definitely can't compete with a store-brand case of water, we focus our gift shop prices on convenience and accessibility to help ensure our guests have a great stay! We price ourselves to compete with nearby restaurants, grocery stores, convenience stores with our single-bottle prices. I hope that we will have another opportunity to show you how great of a stay we can offer!

Phillip Dixon

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

While the hotel is a good value the drive time is triple due to road construction. About 40 miles from Aspen airport took over 3 hours.
Also to walk from hotel to the spa was a workout in its self. Due to railroad tracks, river and construction it was at least at mile.
Alleged to be finished 2018.

Date of stay: September 2017
2  Thank Matthew T
Management response:Responded September 20, 2017

Dear Matthew,

I am so sorry about the inconvenience with the construction! Trust me when I say I completely understand your frustration as it frustrates us who live and work here just as much! Fortunately, our local staff has become very knowledgeable about the traffic patters and is quite adept at guiding our guests around it! We are also fortunate that the pattern has minimal impact on our guests at regular check in time of 4:00pm and check out time of 12:00pm. Please do not hesitate to let us know how we can best help! We only have to bear with this for about another month and a half as they will be opening the bridge back up in 2017 or possibly earlier as they are ahead of schedule. Thank you so much for staying with us and I hope everything and everyone at the hotel properly met your needs! I hope we will have another chance in the future to show you how great of a stay we can deliver.

Phillip Dixon