“A horseback adventure with stunning views,great wrangler guide and just all around great day!”

Glenwood Adventure Company
Red Mountain Off-Road Segway Adventure
Ranked #4 of 16 Tours in Glenwood Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Glenwood Adventure Company in Glenwood Springs stands ready to put together the adventure that is right for you and your family. We are uniquely positioned to provide activities in some of the best areas of the Rocky Mountains. We offer Whitewater rafting, Biking, Horseback Riding, Segway tours, ATV and RZR tours, Snowmobile tours as well as Duckies,and Paddle board Rentals in some of the most majestic terrain in the world. Our capable staff has years of experience in the outdoors and local knowledge that distinguishes us from the pack and provides a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Reviewed June 21, 2017

I decided to see the mountains valleys and terrain of Colorado from horseback. While I am an somewhat experienced rider it's been awhile. I went with my daughter who is a and I'd horseman and we were in a group of 7 total.
There were novice to experienced riders and all hndled professionally.
From the initial booking to the wrangler guide outfitting us and giving us information on the ride our horse and the area it was an amazing day
The views were stunning and the ride informative with our wonderful guide Joel he was so Great! He makie it interesting, funny while providing history of the area
I feel that this company provides an excellent trip and great value for the ride
There are also sunset and dinner rides that I am going to definitely book next visit
If you love to ride love horses and want an authentic trail experience this is the trip for you
ENJOY!
It helps to let them know your level of competency on the horse when bookin

Date of experience: May 2017
in 6 reviews
"half day rafting trip"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed June 20, 2017

The Folks at Bar Ranch are nothing short of amazing!! We had a great morning riding around the scenic mountains of Colorado!! They use only Can-Am 450 Outlander 4wd ATV's. It is one of the easiest to ride ATV's I have ever been on! You get lots of instruction up front so you can have a safe enjoyable ride. The views are spectacular!
Our Guide Tom was really informative and knew history of the area as well as facts about the working Sheep ranch. This is a must do!!!

Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

This was such an awesome experience. We had never done a rafting trip before so we were a little nervous but it is VERY safe but still VERY fun. We loved our guide, Travis!! He has a bunch of stories to tell with all of his trips around the world, what an interesting and knowledgeable guy!!! Loved it all around!!

Reviewed June 14, 2017

We booked a bicycle ride & sunset dinner and horseback ride.

Bicycles were in good condition and they gave us all of the promised equipment and suggestions for stops along the way. With the river so high, we were not able to go to Glenwood Canyon - but went on a different trail that took us through Carbondale.

Also booked the Sunset Horse Back Ride & Dinner through this company. The ranch is a little out of town - about 20 minutes but the views were spectacular on the ride. Really one of the best rides of this kind I've been on. Food was good too! Love seeing the sheep flocks in the meadow!

Also appreciated the staff helping us out when we thought we had booked with this rafting company, but had actually booked with another. They were able to get us to the right place.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

I booked a family white water rafting trip with my wife and our 2 children, ages 10 and 6. The prices were reasonable and there is a free parking garage not far from the headquarters for convenience. Our rafting guide, Jenn, was SO INCREDIBLE!! She was very enthusiastic, charming, and engaging. She went above and beyond to make sure that our experience was a great one (even as far as lending my son a personal pair of sunglasses!) She made sure that the kids stayed involved and interested in the trip and that everybody had a good time. The rapids were beautiful, the scenery was breathtaking, and we all had an unforgetable experience. I would highly recommend this company to anyone, and I would readily use this company again.