All reviews zip line bar and grill kevin peterson the river camper cabins ropes course deluxe cabin dump station rock climbing wall big rig rafting trip glenwood canyon bike path white water rafting fire pit family reunion hot springs
Reviewed January 1, 2012

It HAS to be said that my husband and I stay many places in many different types of accommodations and we are not that picky, but we found this to be unacceptable.

We stayed in one of the cabins (the larger ones). At first it's fairly cute and charming- yes it's small but we expected that. In fact for a small space it does have good storage and an ok layout.

Some major problems of the cabin itself though - the furnace is in the main bedroom!!!! It woke us up ALL night long because every time it came on, it rattled so loudly! The rattling would calm down after a few mins but the furnace itself was still unbelievably loud. Why on earth is it in the bedroom?

The loft "bedroom" consists of two twin beds that are just mattresses sitting directly on the floor. I saw that in the photos but what I couldn't tell is the ceiling is about 4 feet tall? Maybe even 3? You have to crawl on your hands and knees to be up there. Definitely would be ok for kids I guess but when you are booking for 3 adults.... Maybe they could let you know it isn't meant for adults!

It was also obvious that they do everything as cheaply as possible. Bare minimum of dishes and utensils provided... Tiny mugs and cheap dishes... Silverware is just thrown into a drawer. How about a silverware tray guys? It costs about 50 cents.

Cleanliness was also an issue - when we arrived and put our food in the fridge I had to clean a bunch of really sticky goo out of the fridge floor and door. Gross first impression and also several of the dishes I used were not very clean. I know people clean them themselves but shouldn't management check to make sure things are clean before a guest checks in?

I also sat in a kitchen chair that was broken, and started slowly sinking to the floor. When my husband turned it over it was obvious they had "repaired" it instead of buying a new one. I'm glad I didn't get hurt since it sank slowly instead of just snapping and dropping me onto the floor but that was definitely no good

For $179/night before taxes and fees..... I expected better quality and comfort. This place was nowhere NEAR worth the price. We won't be returning, in face we left a day early because we couldn't stand to stay another night - something we have NEVER done before. We can usually make the best of a bad situation... But in this case doing that meant going home.

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank BunnySays
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We traveled through Colorado for the holiday's in our rv. Found glenwood rv resort on short notice online and could not have been more pleased. Open year round we were able to stop in for the night. They were easy to find, clean and upgraded. The full hookup sites were really nice, heated water since it was down in the 20s. But we are excited to find this gem for the spring with all the cool activities they have like, zip line, river rafting and the bar and grill. What an amazing resort, with the nicest people. Even with late check in and out, the maintenance and Kevin were so accomidating and friendly! Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Excellent experience- All facilities in great condition, easy access to all Glenwood canyon activities and isolation to just decompress. Thanks to all staff for their flexibilty and warmth during each of our families stay. Tim Close

Room Tip: Great for campers in season Cabins for "light" campers off season.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We attempted to schedule our wedding reception here and were greeted by front office staff who made us feel like we were interrupting them. They seriously need customer service training. Kevin Peterson, the manager is very pleasant but appears to be totally out of his element when it comes to planning an event such as a wedding reception. Our phone calls and emails were ignored for upwards of 6 weeks as we tried again and again to get an estimated cost for our event. They had no menu choices - we had to come up with our own. All in all a very time-wasting experience for us. I would not trust an event as important as my wedding reception to this establishment.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bonnie F
Reviewed November 15, 2011

After my fiance' wrote the previous review (They Don't Know What They're Doing) we did finally receive an email from Kevin Peterson, the GCR Manager. The estimated cost for our wedding reception for 60 people is $12,000. Not sure how they stay in business at these rates - extremely high even by Aspen standards. Even the Hotel Jerome in Aspen does not charge $200 per person for a simple reception for 60 people. We are getting exactly what GCR offered us from the Hotel Colorado for $4,000 including our ceremony in the courtyard, a waiver on the reception room rental fee, a block of ten rooms at a 50% discount and three free suites. That is why we are going there instead.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple