All reviews zip line bar and grill kevin peterson the river camper cabins ropes course deluxe cabin dump station rock climbing wall big rig rafting trip glenwood canyon bike path white water rafting fire pit family reunion hot springs
Reviewed June 18, 2015 via mobile

We loved our stay here. Kevin and his staff were polite and helpful. The site is beautiful, clean and well kept. We are novice RV users and zero difficulty getting in and out of our camp site. We took advantage of the rafting and high adventure course along with the zip line across the Colorado river.

Stayed: June 2015
1  Thank Kevin R
Reviewed June 17, 2015

My husband and I stayed along the river in our small camper. Just hearing the river and watching rafters was great. The spots are close together but we had good neighbors and there are trains on the other side of river. The train that goes through about 10:15 pm is a little loud so if you're a light sleeper be aware. The scenery was just beautiful. I'm so glad I didn't miss this based on some of the reviews. It is very close to downtown Glenwood Springs and easily accessible to and from the highway. Our dog had a great time too. Plenty of walking trails for pets. The staff was very friendly, the grounds were well kept, and the bathroom facilities were always clean. We will be back and I will recommend this resort to friends.

1  Thank Gina H
Reviewed June 17, 2015

We recently stayed a few days for our niece's wedding. The accommodations were great in one of the roomy family cabins, which house more than a few of us. We were most impressed with Kevin, the general manager and his staff, however. Their effort to assist us and provide all we needed to make our niece's wedding perfect was over and above what we could have ever-expected. With Colorado weather being it's typical, unpredictable self, we were having difficulty deciding where to have the chairs set up for the ceremony. With only 1 hour before ceremony, the threatening clouds lifted and Kevin agreed to move the ceremony down by the river which was the bride's dream. They happily and efficiently made the change. It was indeed an unforgettable time as the sun beamed down upon this couple and the river splashed by just feet away! The food was excellent and every effort was made to make this occasion smooth, relaxed and joyful. We are so grateful to Kevin and his staff!

Reviewed June 16, 2015

We only used this as a quick overnight stay but was very impressed with the cleanliness of the property and the courtesy of the staff. Our spot was plenty big and level. The cabins were very nice looking and full. The scenery is breathtaking.

Reviewed June 16, 2015

We stayed in one of the new riverfront camper cabins. These are perfect for those who don't like sleeping on the hard ground or tent camping, or who just want to be super close to the river with a bit of style. It is one generous step above tent camping with a covered porch and adirondack-style chairs and a picnic table and fire ring..

Camper Cabins have electricity, aircon, and a hose bib outside for potable water. There are generous amounts of outlets inside for charging and operating all of your electronics. We slept with the windows open and never ran the AC when we were there, but it was still fairly early in the season. The water level was really high and the river was running at 11000 c.f.s. when we went on our rafting tour. Good times!!!

The staff at the Lookout Bar and Grille (onsite) were also very friendly and the view from the deck there is phenominal!!! Besides the rafting trips, they also have zip lines and a rock climbing wall for added entertainment. The zip lines have a "Happy Hour" starting this season from 5 PM to 7PM with unlimited zip trips during that 2 hour window. The Happy Hour prices were $40/person.

The only downside to the whole experience was the train tracks just across the river. From what I have heard, the upper sections don't experience as much noise from the train, but if you are on the riverfront you will certainly notice when the train passes late in the night. After the first or second night it was easier to manage, but that first night was a bit of a shock.

I would certainly go again, and this time, maybe I will even use the earplugs they have at the front desk. I really wanted to hear the ambience of the river at night, and regardless of the train the windows stayed open allllll night long ;-)

Room Tip: Riverfront sites enjoy night time train noises. Upper levels are quieter. I love the sound of the river when I sleep so I was OK.