All reviews zip line bar and grill kevin peterson the river camper cabins ropes course deluxe cabin dump station rock climbing wall big rig rafting trip glenwood canyon bike path white water rafting fire pit family reunion hot springs
Reviewed January 9, 2018

If anyone wants to stay in a resort with the best views, cozy cabins, and most importantly the most considerate people, I would urge you to stay at the Glenwood Canyon Resort.

My friend and I are from Missouri and we were taking a road trip through Colorado when we got a flat tire. We called every towing service nearby (and even the highway patrol), and since it was a Sunday evening got no responses. We were fortunate enough to be broken down right outside of this resort. We decided to ask for help, and they went above and beyond everything we could have imagined. We were given a beautiful cabin for the night, help with the flat tire including transport to and from town, and even a pizza because we hadn't yet eaten.

We are not sure what we would have done if it wasn't for the people at this resort. The view and the amazing cabin were just icing on the cake. If you are someone who likes to watch the sunrise over beautiful mountains while surrounded by amazing people, go stay at the Glenwood Canyon Resort.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2018

Loved the camper cabin. It was perfect for camping without totally roughing it as it has 4 walls, 3 beds and most importantly, Air Conditioning. The view was definitely the best part. It was beautiful and breathtaking. Hospitality at front desk was great, especially Kevin. Will definitely stay here at these types of cabins again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

I would like to start out saying these people literally saved us. My friend and I are from Missouri and the spare tire that was already on our car blew out, So we ended up broken down right near the exit of this resort. Now at first we called every tow truck company and even the highway patrol, but nobody would answer and nobody would come help. So as a last resort we saw this place we decided to go and ask them if they had any ideas of what to do (as a side note; we are both 20 years old and have nothing but the cloths on our back). After speaking to the couple that lived there it was just a matter of no time before the owner was out there offering us a place to stay for the night. This was completely unbelievable for us, for we were just looking for somebody to call or some advice. But what blew us way even more is the fact that they gave us a pizza to eat that night and the next day the maintenance guys took the tire off for us, then gave us a ride into town to get the new tire and then they put it back on our car. If it were not for these people, my friend and I would have been stuck in the mountains in Colorado with nothing but the clothes on our backs and an old 93 station wagon that doesn't even have all of its tires. The people at this resort, and I mean EVERYBODY that we met there, were unbelievably kind and truly influenced mine and my friend's lives. I can't explain how inspired we were to see that such great people still exist in this world. I am not sure if we will ever be able to pay it forward the way you did, but thank you Glenwood Canyon Resort.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2017

We were happy to find a campsite that was open this time of year. We called around to several - all closed. The campsite is really pretty - it's located in a gorge with the Colorado River flowing through it. There are three levels of camping. One is by the river with both cabins and tent sites, the mid-level has RV and tent sites and two modular type buildings that may be for rent, the upper level is primarily cabins. We had water and electric and laundry and hot showers at the upper bathhouse (the lower one being closed for the season. On to price.

First, let me say that we have never been to this area before, so perhaps the high price is reflective of the tourist destination and high demand. We paid $44 + $7tax to stay here. No Good Sam discount provided either. This was by far the highest price we've paid in our cross country trip. But we were happy to have a nice place to stay that had electric so we could stay warm during the night. The alternative was a KOA (no way) or the national forest with no amenities. And it's very possible that anything else open was just as or more expensive.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2017

Efficient and welcoming registration staff kicks off a relaxing get away from the city. I can appreciate that this resort is located outside of Downtown Glenwood Springs because the whole point of a vacation for me is escaping the hustle bustle. Beautiful mountain views and access to the Colorado River. A very enjoyable experience every time we stay!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple