All reviews large city park honeymoon suite room was clean great place to stay hot tub bagels an update water pressure place to sleep reasonable rates continental breakfast front desk staff walking distance microwave and fridge great room would stay here again we've stayed
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stayed at the Caravan Inn while my son was hospitalized in Glenwood Springs. I needed to have our dog with me, and the Caravan was more than accommodating. I had a room with a parking spot right next to the door, which is fantastic when traveling with a pet. I understand their pet rooms are limited, so it is probably wise to book in advance if you have a pet with you. The room was comfortable and very clean. It is a motel, and thus has a "motel feel," but not in a bad way. With the high prices in the mountains, this is an excellent value. The property is clearly well-maintained, and the staff friendly. I got the sense it is a family-run property. They go above and beyond what you find at a chain motel. Even the breakfast in the morning had a little "extra." I can see myself becoming a 'frequent flyer' here while my son recuperates.

Room tip: Ask for one of the rooms in the back with their own parking spots.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised in discovering this hotel without previewing Trip Advisor reviews. We just happened to drive buy the location, which is a mile off of I-70 on the main street of the town.
The architecture looks like the hotel was built in the 1970's. Even so, it has been remodeled, so the public areas look modern.
The room was very clean and has amenities of upscale hotels such as a safe, microwave and refrigerator. The decor was bland--no pictures. But hey, it is just a place to sleep. The TV had lots of my favorite channels to choose from. The bed was comfortable, so I had a good night's sleep.
The service was really great. At 10 PM, I called the office to report that the smoke alarm was beeping to signal a low battery. The friendly desk clerk showed up at my door within 5 minutes to install a new battery.
Breakfast was above average for a continental breakfast. There was sausage, eggs, cereal, bagels, packaged pastries, juices and fruit. There may also have been other choices that I did not notice.
The cost of the room on AARP was $69 plus tax, a real bargain for a Friday night in the summer.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Room was clean and large. Pool was clean and lovely. The staff was AMAZING! They picked us up from the train station, let us store our luggage after check out and even delivered it to the station. Awesome service. We will be back!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

On our vacations, we often try to avoid the chain motels. Reviews of the Caravan Inn seemed to indicated that it was what we were looking for. In most respect, it fulfilled our expectations. The room was large and the bed very comfortable. Fixtures were somewhat dated, especially the 19-inch TV. Desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The major shortcoming was the WiFi which was subpar. When you could access it, it was very slow and would often drop connection after a few minutes.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

If you are looking for a pet-friendly, family-owned inn in Glenwood Springs, CO, you should consider the Caravan Inn on Grand Avenue. We recently stayed there for two nights with our Great Pyrenees and truly enjoyed ourselves. The inn is conveniently located - away from the interstate - and within walking distance of a dog park and the river walk path.

Our room was clean and spacious. While other guests had pets too, we had no issue with noise. Slept great. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed both the hottub and outdoor pool during our stay. Better breakfast than most inns with pancakes, eggs and sausage among the breakfast items, The coffee was excellent and hot too! All in all, an outstanding value. We will happily come back to the Caravan Inn again - and we will not hestitate to bring the dog!

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BHille, Manager at Caravan Inn Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Dear Guest,

We enjoyed having you and Lady as our guests and are happy that you will always consider the Caravan Inn when visiting Glenwood Springs. Please keep in mind to make advance reservations when bringing Lady as not all rooms are pet friendly. Looking forward to seeing you again.