All reviews fridge freezer full kitchen room was clean stayed here homestay wifi
Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

Got this place last minute and the staff was friendly, straightforward, and honest. They offered to show the room before I reserved it. They do not offer king beds (my typical bed option). I ended up with a queen room with two queen beds, and a wall separating the space into two rooms. I enjoyed the trout-themed decor. It was very basic but clean and safe. Microwave, fridge. Great value for the price. If they had king beds, I would stay again.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2014

I didn't plan spending a night in Granby so I didn't check any review before cheking in at the Homestead Motel. The manager/owner was very accomodating and kind, the rate was good and when I explicitly asked her that the bed was clean I was assured it was so, showing somewhat a kind of disbelief that anyone could offer filthy beds. The room was outdated but presentable, not a problem to me since I'm aware that when travelling on a budget you cannot ask for comforts and luxuries. Having a microwave and a fridge was enough to me. I had a look at the drawers, a personal test that almost always determines the level of cleanliness of a room, and I spotted a lot of dirt accumulated over a long time. Bad signal but I didn't pay much attention. The wi fi was not working and I asked the manager/owner some help. She proved once more kind and friendly but unable to solve the problem. When time came to go to bad I found what I fear most in motels, a dirty bed. Long dark hair was on the first bed sheets, clearly not washed, while the second bed showed spots of some biological fluid. In both cases marks and creases left by a previous guest were still visible. Such carelessness is a fraud against the paying customer and what makes me more angry is noy a matter of hygiene but the total lack of respect towards the people that a hotel keeper should respect the most: its customers. Despite it was only about 10PM there was nobody on duty anymore to report my complaint to and the following morning when I left the motel office was still closed.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank d8889
Reviewed September 23, 2014

This is an older motel, but the rooms are quaint and clean. Yes, it is across from the train tracks, but the trains did not bother us. The view from our window of the hills and fall colours was very nice. The people who run this place are very helpful. They suggested that we eat at Pearl Dragon and Azteca and both restaurants were good (and good value). We spent two nights here while exploring Rocky Mountain National Park and this motel was a good choice and good value. The motel further down the street was 30 dollars more.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank RobTor
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I enjoyed my one night stay at the Homestead motel. The room was clean and had everything we needed. What set Homestead apart, however, was the incredible service I received from those who run the place. I left behind something that was of no value to anyone but me and they absolutely bent over backwards to see that it was returned to me. You don't get service like that just anywhere! I highly recommend this place! You'll have a good, clean room and you'll be well taken care of!

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Mary G
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We spent two nights here right after the 4th. We were in town to run a race and basically just needed a place stay the night before and the day of the race... a long weekend. Yes, the busy train tracks were right across the highway, but didn't prove to be a problem. Our room had two queen beds. A microwave and a fridge. It was very clean. We did not hear our neighbors. There was also a brand new heating/AC unit that worked very well. The bathroom is curious in that the sink hit me about mid thigh (I'm 6'1") and the shower head is at chest level....?? Perhaps Snow White and her entourage frequented Granby at one point in time....

Another reason we stayed here is that pets are welcome. All in all the Homestead met our needs nicely for this type of trip.

Date of stay: July 2012