“Date Night review...”

GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
“Date Night review...”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The front desk staff goes the extra mile to make sure your staff an enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: See if an upgrade is available when you check-in. Also, be sure to check out the aweseome breakfast...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I'm an infrequent traveler but last quarter of 2012 year I made four different week long stays at this hotel and I would not hesitate to stay again. What made the stay for me was the staff. Having spent time in customer service management in my early twenties, I know what a thankless job that can be. I never had a problem that the staff wasn't willing to do what was within their power to overcome with a pleasant customer first attitude.

As this was solo travel more often than not, I spent a great deal of time on the property with the staff at the bar. It was always great to sit down to bar staff (Jade and Rick) that knew who I was and what I was likely to drink. The menu was always intriguing and the staff could be counted on to provide sound recommendations, even being honest enough to steer you clear of items that had been known to be hit or miss.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Ellington
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This hotel offers it all; great location, wonderful staff, warm cookies, comfortable beds, great bar - and possible balcony and views of the mountains - what more could you want?

Room Tip: Ask for non-adjoining and away from the elevator! Most outside facing rooms have a balcony and view...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Deborah K, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Dear Shannon K,
Thank you for taking the time to post that GREAT review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech. We receive many compliments about how comfortable our beds are and what a great touch the warm cookie presented at the check in to all guests. The fact that you can get a cookie any time you want, is not common knowledge so we try to spread the word. The staff at the Doubletree recently received the "Doubletree Tree Care Cup" which is only given out 4 times a year for the best hotels in the chain. Our staff is very proud of this achievement and it shows in their performance every day. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in the next time your travel plans bring you to Denver.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This hotel is very comfortable and close to the light rail, and other buildimngs in the Tech Centre. You can easily go north to down town or south to the large shopping mall. (You can survive a week without a car). The large attrium area is spacious and fine for small client meetings. There are two swimming pools (one outside and one inside) and a pretty good gym. The staff in the attrium bar area are very friendly, the ones at the desk are okay but could look a bit more entusiastic. There is nothing immediately surrounding the hotel. My colleagues stayed at Wingate which isn't as comfortable and the food was poor, but they had bars and shops around them.
Overall I had a pretty comfortable stay, and happy with my choice.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the back outside would be quieter, if there is a lot of people in the attrium b...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Deborah K, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Dear Enid24,
Thank you for the amazing review you posted on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center. As you pointed out we are in a great location with the light rail in our back yard making you only minutes away from downtown Denver or the Park Meadows Mall. Our Zink restaurant and lounge has an great menu full of some signature dishes that include some changes during the summer to take advantage of "colorado grown" products. Our executive chef Paul, is a culinary graduate with honors from Johnson & Wales University and has in the past cooked for celebrities at gala events in California, such as Cindy Crawford and Robert De Niro. Great cookies, comfortable beds and excellent food are the things we are know for. Thanks for great feedback, and please make sure you come our way the next time you are in the Denver area.
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The warm cookie was an added touch. The front clerk also gave me a room with view.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Deborah K, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Dear Ssalter98,
Thank you so much for your great review regarding your stay at the Doubletree Denver Tech. The cookies are amazing and you can get one anytime during your stay, not just at check in which most guests take advantage of. I was also glad to see that you were in one of our rooms with an amazing few of the front range and the mountains. Thanks again for taking the time to review your stay on trip advisor. We look forward to your next visit to the Denver area.
Have a great week.
Debbie Kirkpatrick
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 7 January 2012

If you read the reviews on this hotel, you may be left scratching your head. The experience of staying here is sort of like that too. My wife had a business conference here in October 2010. We live in Colorado Springs, and decided to come back here in the spring of 2011 for a weekend getaway. We booked a Jr. Suite online and the check-in was quick and painless. Loved the cookies! The hotel is obviously an older building. The decor is odd. It is cool, but it has a '60s look and feel to it. We didn't know that the hotel had been renovated and that this was actually new. I really liked it. It was different. We like the open atrium and the indoor pool. The restaurant/bar and coffee bar areas look nice but the coffee bar was closed. We did not try Zinks (the restaurant/bar).

The hotel is very large, and depending on where your room is, you may have a long walk. Our room was on the 4th floor. I don't know if smoking is allowed in the West wing or not, but the ground floor smelled of stale cigarettes. The elevator seemed old and clunky. We were starting to become concerned. We made our way to our suite and, WOW What a surprise! That room is awesome! I can't imagine what the king suite must be! I guess for $300.00 I could find out. It has that same retro 60's feel to it, but it's nice. The suites are at the end of the hallway and away from a lot of traffic and noise. It's a long way from the commons area, but it was very peaceful and quiet. The whirlpool is amazing! The bath area is almost a suite unto itself. Very nice ammenities: robes, towels, toiletries, were all top-notch. The king bed was the most comfortable bed I think I've ever slept in. We had a balcony view of the moutains. It was a nice evening, we left the doors open all night. The plasma tv in the room was probably a 55 or 60", I'm not sure. The biggest tv I've ever seen in a motel room. The only problem with it was, it was not situated for viewing from the bed. There is a couch in the room for tv viewing. We were not there to watch tv anyway so it didn't matter. The suite has a mini-fridge, and a microwave. It also had a single cup coffee maker. I am a big coffee drinker, and there is never enough coffee in my room. I loved this room. If it had a kitchen, I could live in it.

The hotel is a business hotel in the DTC. It is quite far from downtown, the airport, and other attractions. The DTC is a beautiful area in Denver though, you just need to know your way around. The Park Meadows Mall and that whole shopping district are not far away. Lots of restaurants and shops if you know they are there.

Overall I was extremely pleased with my stay here. I had only a few minor gripes. One is that they charge $10.00 per day for wi-fi. I paid over $200.00 per day for this room, and I could not get internet. I can get free wi-fi at brand x where the room is 1/3 of what this room costs. I know the hotel has been updated, but it still shows it's age. If they have not done so, they need to go 100% smoke free. The only other thing is the price. That said, you get what you pay for. This would be an awesome place to spend a week. I will stay here again, but I just can't stay as long as I would like.

Room Tip: Can't speak to the other rooms, but the suites are excellent.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Steve B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center. I am so glad that you choose our property for a weekend getaway as it does have great access to many places in the Southwest Denver area as well as the light rail to downtown Denver. The Doubletree standards include the awesome cookies, the amazing "Sweet Dreams" bedding package for a great night sleep as well as free Wi-Fi in our public areas. In addition we have a package called "Stay connected" that includes complimentary WI-Fi in your guest room. We are a smoke free property with a balcony for every room so that guests can step outside to smoke at their leisure. With over 300 rooms we are able to accommodate guest’s requests for "quite or close" whichever they prefer. In addition Microwave's and mini-fridges are available for no additional fee based upon availability for all guests. I am also proud to say that this hotel recently received the "Doubletree Care Cup" from Doubletree by Hilton naming us the best Doubletree Hotel out of 259 hotels in the Hilton Family. This is based on our property, the staff and our continued commitment to be involved in our community. These are just a few of the things we are proud to tell our guests.
Thank you again for your great comments and we look forward to be the destination for your next "staycation
"
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 31 December 2011

The walk to the rooms is pretty far, so if a guest is elderly or disabled they may want to request wheelchair and concierge service to their room.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the elevators if you are elderly or disabled, but be aware that the walk from the...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Dear Lydieboo,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip advisor regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver Tech Center. The Doubletree standards include the awesome cookies anytime during your stay, the amazing "Sweet Dreams" bedding package for a great night sleep as well as free Wi-Fi in our public areas. With over 300 rooms we are able to accommodate guest’s requests for "quite or close" whichever they prefer.I am also proud to say that this hotel recently received the "Doubletree Care Cup" from Doubletree naming us the best Doubletree Hotel out of 259 hotels in the Hilton Family. This is based on our property, the staff and our continued commitment to be involved in our community.
Thank you again for your great comments and we look forward to be the destination for your next stay in the Denver Tech Area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenwood Village
2.2 km away
Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center
1.4 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Village/Denver Tech
Wingate by Wyndham Greenwood Vil...
#1 of 14 in Greenwood Village
2.0 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Tech Center
1.8 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver Tech? Share your experiences!