All reviews room was clean hot items enjoyed our stay front desk staff the breakfast area sitting area bagels rooms are nice ice machine business trip fitness center hot tub a great place to stay continental breakfast would stay again denver tv
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

Still lovely room, courteous staff. Bathroom cleanliness need work and as recommended previously need non-dairy choices in the breakfast room. Tried the treadmill, (and use one daily at home), but there were no instructions and could never get it to work, very disappointing as they only have one!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank mtnlover22
Darius J, Manager at Comfort Suites Highlands Ranch Denver Tech Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel twice now and have been happy with it both times. The rooms are all suites and good sized. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. The hotel itself is very clean. The breakfast is your standard restaurant food with some type of eggs, some type of breakfast meat, do it yourself waffles, etc. It gets very busy but they are very good with replenishing things. I can't say enough about the front desk staff. They are the best. Always friendly, always helpful and never make you feel as if you are a pain. We have been there twice and asked for directions almost every day as we don't know the area very well yet and they helped us out, with a smile, every time. The only drawback for some may be that there is no pool. I think it says on the website that there is one but it is the size of a hot tub and outside, although it is heated. This is not an issue for us but if you have children who like to swim it could be. We will be traveling quite often to Colorado in the future to visit our son who just moved there and this hotel will be our first choice.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Darius J, General Manager at Comfort Suites Highlands Ranch Denver Tech Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Thank you valued guest for taking the time to complete an online review. We greatly appreciate it and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

We planned a trip to Denver to spend time with several family members. Although the Highlands Ranch property was not in a convenient area, I chose this hotel because I was able to reserve the Presidential King Suite for a great price. Since we would have a large suite, we had made plans with family to visit us at our hotel at several times over the weekend. When we arrived on Friday after an 11-hour drive, we were checked in by the General Manager, Darius, and I mentioned that we had the Presidential Suite. It seemed like it took a great deal of time to check us in and I was surprised when he required that I pay in advance for our three-night stay since I stay at Choice Hotel properties almost exclusively because of the integrity and quality the chain exhibits, and this had never been asked of me before. When I opened the door to our room, it was immediately clear that we did not have the Presidential Suite, of which I had received email confirmation. When my husband showed Darius the email confirmation, he blamed Choice Hotels for the mix-up and then told my husband that there was no way he could give us the Presidential Suite for the price that we had paid. This told us that a) the Presidential Suite WAS available and b) instead of taking care of the guests standing in front of him, he chose to try to make a few extra bucks in the hopes that he could sell the Presidential Suite to someone who may or may not walk in his doors. His only offer was that he would allow us to have the Presidential Suite for the last night of our stay – a gesture that was useless to us since our travel plans required that we leave Monday morning by 5 AM, not to mention that we would have to pick up and move our belongings. While my husband was at the desk, I pulled up the hotel’s website and reviewed pictures of the various suites that the hotel offered. I learned that not only was the room we had been given NOT the Presidential Suite, it was also NOT a King Executive Suite, it was also NOT a King Suite, it was simply a king room that had a sofa crammed in the corner. It was also right next to the elevator which is typically the smallest room in a hotel, not to mention that the noise of the elevator bell was constant, day and night. We also immediately learned that the deadbolt lever would not move so we were not able to use the secondary lock for our door. Again, we contacted Darius, who promised to have the deadbolt repaired the next day. I had to cancel the plans and restaurant reservations we had made with family since there would no place to relax after dinner and after our 11-hour drive, we got back in the car and drove an hour to instead have dinner near their house.
On Saturday morning after a fit-full night of listening to the elevator, we went to have breakfast and found that we would not be able to escape the close quarters we were experiencing in our cramped room. In an 8’X12’ area, six tables with seating for 18 were sandwiched in and nearly every seat was occupied – it was impossible not to bump into other people with your chair and required moving sideways to navigate between tables while carrying plates of food and drinks. We left for the day and when we returned late that afternoon, we found that no one had repaired the deadbolt. Totally disgusted by the treatment we had received, we elected to cancel our stay for Sunday night. Beware of this Comfort Suites – don’t believe the pictures you see, don’t trust that you will get the room you reserve, be prepared to pay up front and don’t expect that any problems with your room will be resolved.

Room Tip: Don't trust management and don't believe the website
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Darius J, General Manager at Comfort Suites Highlands Ranch Denver Tech Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Thank you Judi for taking the time to complete an online review. Your feedback will be used as a learning curve as we continue to strive for excellence.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

We have stayed here a couple of times. The breakfast is a step up from most LaQuintas, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles and the usual cold options. Rooms are nice. Enough separation between seating area and beds for morning reading without waking up the rest of the family. Front desk staff were really helpful. Small outdoor hot tub was well maintained as was the small workout room.

Room Tip: First floor was a little noisy. Fourth floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Darius J, General Manager at Comfort Suites Highlands Ranch Denver Tech Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your recent stay. We hope to see you the next time you are visiting the Highlands Ranch area.

Reviewed February 25, 2018

Booked the Comfort Inn as was a good rate and reasonably close to my office, and not expecting much - but was very pleasantly surprised !

Staff were exceptionally friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I work European hours so in the early morning until lunch time I spend most of the time in the room on my laptop. The housekeeping staff could not have been more accommodating.

The room was on the 4th floor facing the front of the hotel closer to the highway, so there was some traffic noise, and when people use the outdoor hot tub the talking could be heard.

Room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable with a good firm bed, firm pillows, huge TV, fridge, sofa, desk, tea and coffee making facilities and fresh toiletries each day.
Bathroom was a little smaller but still clean and shower was always hot with good pressure (important to me).

Internet was free and speed was excellent.

The breakfasts were simple, but freshly cooked, tasty and the staff attentive at topping up things when selections were running low.

One suggestion would be to have the 2% milk available during the day by the tea and coffee machine as the UHT "half & half" milk was not to my taste.

There are a few fast food places in the neighbourhood, and a Starbucks literally across the street - all within walking distance.

I would highly recommend the Comfort Inn Highlands Ranch as a stop on your travels !

Room Tip: Rooms at the front close to the highway will get traffic noise and noise from the hot tub.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business