Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2017

I camped in my 1976 VW Van for a few days. Awesome place. Short drive to Salida. Very quiet, lovely river access and the bathrooms/showers are extremely clean. Fast Wifi all over the compound. New Ownership since early 2017 too. I can't wait to go back next year to camp for a month! Incredible views...sunset and sunrise!

Room tip: I camped in my VW van, but the rooms are cute too, but no kitchenettes.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank HeidiTubaHo
Reviewed June 22, 2017

I stayed several nights in Room 8 - probably the quietest since it is on the far end from the office. It was very clean, reasonable priced and nicely decorated. The motel faces Hwy 50 and the Arkansas River is right out back. I especially like that this place has a country location. You can faintly hear the roosters and donkeys from the farm across the river, the geese on the river plus the resident peacock. There is a nice place to walk on the quiet road that runs along the river in the back. There are historical markers if you walk far enough. The Riverside Cafe is on site and serves good down-home food. (closed Mon. & Tuesday.) If you want a peaceful place to stay on the Arkansas River, Bandera's is it. (Forgot to mention there is a small take-out place on the river here if you have a kayak, etc.)

Room tip: The rooms on the ends are probably the quietest.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LeighD1999
Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in hotel room (#5) and it's really more like a little cabin. We enjoyed it so much we returned the next week on our drive home. It was perfect after a log day of driving. The kids can run around safely near the river and accommodations were clean and simple. No frills here but that was just fine with us. The resteraunt next door was fast and yummy. Great find for the price. Call the lodge directly for your best price.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2016

I was around when this Room 9 issue happened. Room 9 is an overflow room only; this was a major dispute between these renters of a cabin and the owners. The renters would not leave the cabin, almost had to evict them. They were only put into 9 to accommodate them in their "time of need." It appeared to me these renters had done this before, and the issue ended up being handled by the sheriff. There are usually more sides to any issue, and this is a good example. It was an eye-opener to the owners, who are dedicated to running a clean, comfortable operation.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2015

Shortly after entering our room, we noticed that it was very musty. We also found 5 dead bugs and 1 alive bug behind the blinds. Another window was boarded up, so we couldn't see out of it. Additionally, there is NO TV & NO WIFI. Our particular motel room was literally a trailer house that was split in two: one part was the office; the other part was motel room #9. There wasn't a wall, but only a door separating the two, so we heard every word from people checking in the office & when the phone rang, it was as if it was ringing right in our room -- extremely annoying! They should never rent this room to anyone. There is no privacy. Everyone in the office can hear your every word as easily as you can hear them. We told the owner that WE DIDN'T WANT THE ROOM anymore and wanted to go find something else. She was very unsympathetic (clearly she was used to complaints about this room before) and said that she was still going to charge us for the first night. We found this completely unprofessional. We should have been able to leave without penalty. I would definitely NEVER stay here again.

Room tip: I personally wouldn't stay here again, but if you do, rent a cabin instead of the motel.
Date of stay: September 2015