Forest Condominiums(Keystone)(Great Value!)
US$324
US$279
US$326
US$375
Alpine Slopes Lodge(Keystone)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$148
Hotels.com
US$277
US$256
All reviewsworking fireplacegarage parkingruns every minutesthe kitchenchair liftgreat summergreat familyski areawalking distancebedroom condolift ticketsski triphot tubskiersvillagesnowgondola
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We stayed 7 days in a 2 BR condo, 2 bull baths, in the area they call Evergreen Condos. ("Evergreen" condos includes **Homestead**, Lodgepole, and The Pines condos), approx 2 miles from Mountain House base village, 4 - 5 miles fromRver Run base village. Our condo was one of the 7 or 8 single level, very large Homestead condos (1BR or 2BR).

Homestead Condos - highly recommended for family with kids:
++ Lots of room, large open areas, gas fireplace, wireless internet (FREE), large BRs
++ Relatively flat from parking lot to your door, no stairs to *HOMESTEAD* units
++ Wall to wall windows on back side, overlooking wide snow covered valley & creek
++ Hop on the shuttle (runs every 20 minutes) straight to Mountain House base
++ Right across the highway (100 yards away) is a gas station /mini mart that has a most amazing inventory -- foods, drinks, first aid needs, fresh fruit, cereal, frozen pizzas, etc.)
Negatives
--- Only a *small* indoor pool & single jacuzzi in the complex , 150 ft away from condo
--- No game room, snack bar, or other amenities in the complex
--- The closest base village (Mountain House) has lifts up the slopes, lift tickets, ski rental only - no shops except for those in Guest Services building)
--- There is no direct shuttle to RIver Run base village (lots of shops, cafes, restaurants); you have to drive and park there, or take West Village shuttle to Mountain Base, walk across the village, and take the other shuttle to River Run base village

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank birdhannon
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Although the particular one bedroom unit was spacious, there was this AWFUL noise (undetermined but appeared to be within the unit wall) which interfered with my sleep. After three attempts at Keystone lodging, I should prefer to stay somewhere else. The cleanliness (which was practically disregarded upon our last two stays) left some to be desired. There were small brown splatters beside the toilet and product (lotion? shampoo?) splashes on the bathroom wall. I made my own bed each morning, gathered the dirty towels and loaded the dirty dishes into the dishwasher. One would think that the house keeping could replenish the coffee for our use each day...not. My son thought that this location was the best yet in Keystone, but his fatigued parents will be looking for another location at another destination with good slopes.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I went for a Conference at the Keystone Conference center. The altitude takes some getting used to which is compounded by the fact that the conference center is a good hike from the accommodations. I had read on other reviews that there were very few places to eat and they weren't kidding. If you didn't have a car or ride the bus somewhere your choices were a pizza bar or a very expensive steak house. The conference center is a good hike, up many steps (at least a 10 min walk) and more than one physically challenged conference goer said it was a big problem to get around. I stayed in the Edgewater building of the Keystone village. It was a struggle to get to at night when I was dropped off as there was no way for a van to drive up to the building, so I had to lug all my luggage through several buildings to get to my room. I can't imagine skiiers having to lug all of there stuff around this village to buses, down stairs, etc. It is a real pain and all I had was a briefcase! The room was adequate. VERY DATED. All of the appliances, fixtures, coverings, etc. are clearly at least 20 years old. Though fairly clean, there were tears in the bedspread and MANY stains on the carpet. I appreciated that the kitchen and bath were both well maintained, but again, very dated fixtures with lots of wear and tear. I would be really disappointed if I had paid the in season rates for this place. The Keystone lodge was nice and had a nice little coffeeshop in the basement (always a plus when they serve Starbucks coffee products) but again VERY overpriced. For a coffee and danish each day I paid about $11.00 Overall, I would never choose to have a conference at this location and the long shuttle from Denver and lack of other resturants/things to do would discourage me from attending another conference there again. The staff was all very nice and I would say it was the only real strong point of this place.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We loved this place. Though we stayed in a one bedroom condo with friends and we slept on the murphy bed, it was a fanastic place. We all actually loved it more than Breckenridge, CO

Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank TammyB2
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Stayed in the Plaza Condo M1430which exceeded my expectations. The first sight when opening the door is two stories of corner picture windows with a sunset, mountain view of the Gore range. The river runs below. Recently updated. Windows on 3 sides, elevator and garage parking. Use of the Keystone Spa and the "Norman Rockwell," lake activities were the icing on the cake.
Mew