“Beautiful View of Keystone”
Review of Keystone Village

Keystone Village
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Keystone is a great place for friends and family to relax and see beautiful Colorado. Part of our group enjoys skiing and the other part enjoys sight seeing.
The Keystone Village Penthouse keeps everybody happy. The condo is so comfortable that we spent our mornings enjoying the view while the other part of our group went skiing.
This condo has a free shuttle that will get you to your ski area quickly.
We will be back and may even come in the summer.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

This might be lengthy but we just returned and I wanted to share our tips for staying at Keystone Village.

We booked thru Delta Vacations and they bundled everything for us. We really enjoyed this way of booking. Only draw back was that we had to drive 5 miles into Dillon, Co to the local Wyndham office to get our keys and passes. It really wasn't that bad of an inconvenience. Our condo was located in the Dakota building. Our stay included garage parking which was great. Condo was a 2 bedroom 2 bath with a balcony that overlooked the heated pool and 2 hot tubs. We could also see the slopes from our balcony (Suite 8500). We were located on the 3 floor. The first floor had a nice common area with sofas and fireplace. It also housed the ski locker area, a sauna and a bathroom with a shower. The shower has shampoo and conditioner in wall dispensers along with towels in Foyer. 20 feet outside this area was the pool and hot tubes. Very convenient.

Restaurants were very close. I'd say about a 5 min walk to most.

We tried Zumas which was amazing. The fanciest restaurant we visited. We went during happy hour (3-6 I think). Ordered some cocktails and had the BEST waiter- Jeff!!! Ordered appetizers - Brussels sprouts (VERY GOOD) and pretzel bites with queso (just ok). Hubby and I split the lemon chicken. It was good! We ordered the S'more dessert. It was fabulous. Enough for 4 people to share.

Another evening we ate at Kickapoo Tavern. I got the fish tacos!!! Very good!!! Others got a hamburger and said it was one of the best they have ever had. Very casual restaurant. Lots of fun.

We ate at the Pasta House one night. It was OK. Ordered shrimp scampi. Nothing much to write about.

We visited Inxpot. It's a coffee/liquor bar, very casual place. Perfect for midday. Ask about daily special. $4 Irish coffee one day! Had a blueberry muffin too.

The Slopes:

The Gondola is the best. We loved getting in the little bubbles and going up the slopes. Kept the wind off. Great trails for us green/ blue skiers. Well marked and long. Schoolmarm (green) was 3.5 miles.

I didn't do the chair lift.

TIPS:

The little red wagons all around are free. Use them to transport your stuff and leave in the common areas for others. Very useful.

We had ski lockers at our condo but choose to pay for ski locker right by the (gondola) slopes. $5 day per skis, per day -worth it not to have to carry those things.

Boot lockers- there are boot lockers right by the (gondola) slopes. It's nice to be able to put those heavy ski boots into those instead of walking around the village in the ski boots. They are right next to the heated bathrooms. Don't know price.

Our lift tickets were good for several ski resorts. We decided to try Breckinridge. It was about 40 min away. We took the free bus over there. You can get a schedule at the information desk at the resort check in. Very Convenient. Bus picked up right outside the ice skating rink. Big bus, charter like.

Breckinridge- free gondola up to peak 8. Beautiful vistas. Lots going on here. Kinda crowded. Many lifts take off from here. No gondolas. Short green runs. If we had to do over we would have gone to the other side of ski area and skied the runs that offered more greens.

After skiing we went into town- walking distance from base of gondola. Had half priced cocktails and appetizers at the Blue River Bistros. (Maybe 3 block walk from Gondola). Martinis were great. Champagne Dream and Snickers were our fave. Capris salad appt yummy too.

From there were walked to The Cantina. Wings, chips and quaso. Very good!! Got a cocktail called a Sex on the Slopes that was served in a military style canteen cup. Equal to a small bucket. VERY Good. Fun place. We UBERD back to Keystone that evening. $22 bucks.

Hope this info helps. We had great fun!!!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Slmilner
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Keystone in the summer was tons of fun. It is beautiful and the weather is incredible. Several trials to hike. There was a lot of different places to go that was nearby. We found a great deal on a condo due to it being the off season. We will be back!!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I have never been overly impressed with the village as far as shops and restaurants, but it is sad to see so many vacant places. The little souvenir grocery is still there as well as the edge water cafe, but not much else. We did enjoy the lake, with the fish, ducks, paddle boat, paddle boards, and kayaks. The beach area was also nice.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary Ann E
Reviewed 25 July 2016

We were staying in a small town near Keystone and stopped to have lunch in the village and take the Gondola to the top of the ski hill. The village is beautiful and filled with lots of great dining options. Its definitely worth stopping by to take a stroll and grab a beer.
The gondola ride to the top of the ski hill was about $20 per person (in July) and the view from the top of the mountain was phenomenal. There are hiking paths on the top of the mountain, mountain bike paths, yoga and lots of family games to play. There is a restaurant and a bar.
Its definitely worth taking the ride to the top and relaxing in an Adirondack chair and taking in the views.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olsoncjj22
Reviewed 18 May 2016

I went to Keystone for a conference and stayed in one of the condos. I have not stayed in such a place prior to this, having spent most of my travels in hotel rooms. This was MUCH better than any luxury or not-so-luxury place that I have ever stayed. For me, as a single person, it was overkill. But a very comfortable overkill.

The condo had one bedroom with a large bed that I didn't bother to sleep in. There was also a bunk-bed for kids that I elected to use (the top bunk) just to re-live the Good Old Days of my youth. It was fun, but i wouldn't recommend it for others.

There was a living room with a wood-burning fireplace that I did not use. The weather was way too hot (50s) for a fireplace, but I was impressed that they stocked wood for use in the condo. There was also a kitchen table and four chairs as well as a small, but efficient, kitchen.The kitchen was stocked with everything (other than food) that you would find in almost any US kitchen.

The best part for me was a relative abundance of hiking trails that I could use during the conference downtime. The trails varied from paved, easy, relatively level paths to actual mountain trails. It was a lot of fun. I should note that I was there in May, and I did run into snow at the higher elevations, but the paths were otherwise clear.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Paladin C
Reviewed 6 May 2016

4 of us stayed at a two bedroom condo in Keystone Village in summer 2016. Our trip was part of a conference and we loved the condo, how spacious it was and it had a great view. We took the gondola to the top of the mountain for a fondue dinner which was totally fun. We would book a condo here again. It was walking distance to everything and had beautiful scenery.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business