All reviews fourth floor liquor store the ice skating rink river run village underground parking room key hot tub shops and restaurants minute walk pool area would definitely stay here again great place to stay perfect location master bedroom shampoo elevator units
Reviewed September 17, 2013

great loacation, short walk to lifts, near may restaurants to choose from. The 1bd 1bath is perfect size for couples. I would recc. atleast staying on the 3rd floor with a view of the mountain. One last tip it is worth the money to store your skis near the lift at the base of the mountain.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Funtravler85
Reviewed May 29, 2013

When I booked with the Vacation person on the phone, I told them that we would have three kids and preferred to have something mountainside. They assured me that we were close to the mountain. The truth is that there is really no easy way to get to the base of the mountain without walking through the River Run village area. It is probably the furthest hotel in River Run (from the base of the mountain).

The layout of the hotel was also not very well thought out. The ski lockers are located directly across from the elevator. So, in the morning, there is a traffic jam trying to get off the elevator and get your skis along with 20 other people.

The condo itself was extremely tight as well. The living room felt cramped and the pull-out sofa was very uncomfortable.

Date of stay: March 2013
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Arrived Wed., Dec. 28, for a 3-day ski trip in unit #8540 (2-bedroom, 2 bath, top floor, facing River Run slope). Everything was clean, decorated nicely and had a beautiful expanse of windows facing the slope. Our friends took the 2nd bedroom and found a window treatment broken. It took maybe 15 minutes for someone to show up to take a look at it, which really impressed us. The next night, we noticed that the baseboard heaters were cold (which may have been the case when we arrived but we didn't realize it due to running the fireplace a lot). Danny returned our call within minutes and sent someone to fix it within the hour. Wow!

Turns out the window treatment never got fixed but, all in all, we had a lovely time and thoroughly enjoyed the 5-minute walk to the gondola.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank brcasrvr2001
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Very nice facility but its unfortunate that management will never call you back. We drove in late on St. Pats day. when we went to pull into the garage went slow to make sure my Thule Ski hauler would clear the hieght bar which it did. Imagine my surprise when the pipes hanging in the parking garage Scrape the Hell out of my car topper!
I called while staying.No Call! Called when I got home. NO CALL BACK AGAIN!
Filled out survey from the condo and no email back! Its a shame because it is a really nice facility but the Clearance height bar is wrong and my $1500.00 car topper looks like it slid down the highway on its top at 65mph!

Date of stay: March 2011
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We loved our time at the Dakota Lodge in River Run. We loved all of the shops and Big rocking chairs, the firepit, the restaurants, the hiking, swimming and relaxing!! We went in the summer, so no skiing for us this time.
Location is GREAT !!!!