All reviews fourth floor underground parking river run village room key hot tub minute walk pool area would definitely stay here again master bedroom perfect location great place to stay shampoo elevator units tubs pits fireplace
A TripAdvisor Member
Soledad
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I booked my stay through Expedia and got a great deal. The location was wonderful and for all the amenities it was priced extremely well. Very clean.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 23, 2008

Our top floor unit #8540 was perfect for our family. It had vaulted ceilings, full kitchen, large dining room table, sleeper sofa, and a balcony with spectacular views of day and night skiing. You could also see the mountains from the two bedrooms. The lodge had a heated pool, two hot tubs, and a sauna. We stored our skis in the locker downstairs, and the building had a heated underground parking. We really enjoyed eating at the Wolf Rock Brewery, which is downstairs, and it was only a short walk to the Gondola. Highly recommend Dakota Lodge. We booked through vrbo.com and got a very reasonable rate.

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank Karen F
Reviewed April 7, 2007

We selected the Dakota Lodge from the Keystone Resort website for our spring ski trip. We loved the condo with fireplace, the balcony overlooking the pool and hot-tubs, kitchen, living room and bedroom. Very well furnished and in great condition.

There were plenty of restaurants within walking distance, the gondola was only a few hundred yards away and the indoor parking was a nice convenience.

This is the closest lodge to the outdoor pool and hottubs, with great views of the slopes.

The trip from Denver International was only about 90 minutes, the check-in process was easy and the pre-purchase lift tickets made getting started a breeze.

We had lift tickets which were good for four days for five mountains. We used them at Keystone, Vail and Breckenridge.
Breck is only about 20 minutes away and Vail is about 35-40 minutes although we encountered a snow storm (good on a ski trip) so it was a little longer.

We liked Keystone best for our level of intermediate skiing and for best value for the price, especially because you have easy access to the other mountains. We didn't go but the pass included Copper, Beavercreek and the A- Basin.

Our favoriate restaurant was Kick-a-Poo although it was often crowded and service was slow, the food was good.

We would definitely go back again!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 26, 2007

We visited Keystone over President's Day weekend this year for our 1st Colorado ski trip, and we all had a great time! All of our skiing has been in the midwest with Marquette Mountain in Marquette, MI being the biggest hill we've skiied prior to this trip. It was my husband and I along with our 2 kids, ages 14 and 12. Both are avid skiiers, but the 14 year old tried snowboarding for the first time through Keystone's ski/snowboard school. The next day, he was going down blue and black runs...I couldn't believe how well he did. By the way, I would definitely recommend booking any lessons on line. We waited about 5 minutes where the people who didn't have reservations probably had AT LEAST a 30 minute wait if not longer.

Anyway, the condo was AWESOME! It was very nicely decorated, had 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms, and we had a view of the ski slopes. We booked it through VRBO, and had a very positive experience. My only complaint is that there wasn't the appropriate cookware in order to prepare a meal for 4. There were 2 small sized frying pans (About the size of 1 grilled cheese sandwich. ) a medium sauce pan. There was a casserole dish, but it had no lid. There was just no way to make a family dinner. Therefore, we brought takeout back to our condo. There were plenty of glasses, plates and silverware though. The outside hot tubs were nice after a hard day of skiing.

As far as Keystone goes, the runs can be challenging. The School Marm isn't hard at all...just long! My husband and I thought we were pretty good skiiers until we got to Colorado. We never encountered moguls until Keystone, and if i never saw one again, it would be too soon :) (The kids thought the moguls were fun) My son and I never got to go night skiing. We wanted to our first night, but they had to close down the lifts by 2pm because the winds were gusting over 80 mph. That stunk, but hey...you can't control the weather. Anyway, we had nice fresh powder the next morning, and since I-70 was closed most of the day before, it wasn't as crowded as we expected. My husband and my daughter went on our last night, and they had a good time. I was just too sore and tired.

One more tip. We rented our skis through Mountain View Sports, and we saved over $100 instead of renting at Keystone. It was just 2 minutes down the road from River Run, and it's right next to a liquor store. Since you gotta go to a Liquor store, you might as well get your skis at the same time :)

All in all, we had a great time. We would definitely go back to Keystone, and we would definitely stay at the Dakota lodge (in River Run village)

Stayed: February 2007