All reviews bagels moose head continental breakfast hot tub room was clean great bargain inexpensive hotel bagel with cream cheese arapahoe basin enjoyed our stay ski trip min walk keystone village free shuttle alpine lobby slopes
Reviewed March 13, 2018

We stayed at this property in 2016 and found it acceptable for a low budget trip. We were considering a return and called to book a room and were told there was no cancellation fee within 24 hours (of arrival we assumed) so we booked it. This is where it gets murkey. The policy was stated in such a way that we assumed they meant "no cancellation fee within 24 hours of arrival" which is quite standard. When we called back to cancel the following Tuesday (within 48 hours of booking and still two full weeks before the trip) We were informed that the policy actually is "no cancellation fee if you cancel within 24 hours of booking". This was not clear and not our understanding when we booked. They did agree to cancel with a 20% cancellation fee but that is not acceptable. In addition:
1. We never got an email with any confirmation of the reservation.
2. We never got a credit card confirmation.
3. When I asked about finding this information on-line I was informed that the website was down. No way to check their claim.
4. The first website that comes up clearly states "no cancellation fee".
3. I'm choosing to fight this with the credit card company and suggest that you book elsewhere. Their policies do not reflect a customer centered culture. They figure if you don't return too bad! There is always another sucker eagerly waiting to take your place.

If cheap is what you want and you are confident in your travel dates go ahead and book. Think " The Spirit Airlines" of ski lodges. Lower your expectations and they might possibly meet them.

Room Tip: Don't book until you are sure of your dates
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Bob N
Reviewed March 11, 2018

The Good: The location to the mountain is awesome, the price (was told by the bartender at the Resort that its "the cheapest place in town"), and the room was clean

The Bad: It needs repairs: there was a lamp present on the nightstand between the two beds BUT it didn't work and was missing the lamp shade, the lamp in the back corner of the room was present but did not work, the headboard was missing from one of the beds but the screw holes were present to show you where it used to be, and the deadbolt was missing. I told the front desk but no effort was made to replace/repair.

THE UGLY: This was a girls' snowboarding trip so it was a BIG SURPRISE when 2 men burst into our hotel room at 4 AM!!! They were very nice and polite but were given our room key for their stay. When I got dressed and went down to the front desk, Chris, the on-call manager seemed upset because we woke him!!! Chris said that according to his computer, the room was vacant. I told him that we were checking out that morning at 10am! I then went upstairs, and low and behold, my room key didn't work! The next morning, Chris was working the front desk, and gave me a discount for our troubles... I even got a confirmation email showing the discount. HOWEVER, the hotel NEVER posted to my CC the credit and now I have to fight the charges with my CC company. What was supposed to be a stress free trip has turned out to be a burden. Like the saying goes, you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank 185AndreaC
Reviewed March 3, 2018

Great location at budget price (~$115 w/taxes? still haven't gotten receipt) right across the street from Keystone Ski Resort! Hot tub is nice (if working) and TV has DVR for multiple night stay.

That being said, we did have some problems... When we arrived (~1700L) after a full day of skiing, the room hadn't been cleaned yet, and we had to stand around while the front desk guy and maintenance guy threw sheets on the beds and quickly vacuumed the floor. One of the double beds (on a queen frame with sharp metal sticking out on either side) was missing a headboard. We were really looking forward to soaking in the hot tub, but it was down for maintenance most of the night. Finally when checking out the next morning (after waiting 5 minutes for someone to show back up to the front desk), their "printer was down" and we couldn't get a receipt. The guy said he would email a copy without looking up our reservation, so I had him write it down and almost two weeks later I haven't received any word :(

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony C
Reviewed February 15, 2018

For each of the four winters we have stayed for a week or two at the Alpine Slopes Lodge because it is a great bargain. It is located a few steps from two different bus stops which take you on a circa five minute ride both to and from Keystone's River Run Village gondola and chairlift. It also less than a five minute walk to several good restaurants and bars, besides those located in River Run Village. (Thus, if one took a shuttle bus to and from the Denver airport, one could enjoy Keystone without having to rent a car.) The very reasonable room rates includes an ample and varied continental breakfast as well as a very nice hot tub and sauna. in addition, most of the rooms have a view of the ski slopes or the surrounding mountains.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank thomas w
Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

Awesome price/place to stay to the younger crowd. Walking doatance to the slopes, close to a liquor store, pizza, and a subway. Could hear the neighbors talking on the next room sometimes, but hey, it was reasonably priced so we didn’t mind. Good place to stay if you are planning on being gone all day and just using the room to crash at night. Definitely would come back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends