New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“You get what you pay, which is very little!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South

Extended Stay America - Denver - Lakewood South
Lakewood, Colorado
“You get what you pay, which is very little!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed here for 3 weeks out of necessity, not desire. Saying the place was disgusting is an understatement. The back of the refrigerator was brown and looked like it had either burnt or actually caught on fire recently. The pan they had in the place was so burnt, luckily they had a replacement. The sheets and mattress had stains, and when we asked for replacement sheets, they didn't have any to give us. We were supposed to get a cleaning service once a week and they skipped us one week entirely. When we asked for new sheets and towels, out of 10 items switched out we received 2, which once again was not the sheets. When we complained about this, we were told there was "nothing they could do." there were numerous stains on the walls and floor. When we moved the recliner out of the corner we found a thick layer of dust, empty bottles, and a pair of socks. Under the bed was a similar story, except for numerous bottles. Behind the dresser was another pair of socks bundled up and packages of benedryl. We understand we were only paying $35 a day to stay there, but I question if it was worth even that.

You also have to understand, like any apartment or building shared with a lot of people, that when one person burns their dinner at 11:30 at night, and the fire alarms blare for 30 minutes, that they can't do anything til the fire department arrives, they also dont bother to inform people as to what is going on and if you should leave or not. There was no pool or workout center, as someone had recently posted. The laundry room was filthy.

I will never stay at this place again, and will certainly not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not rent here.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ebu527

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

The rooms are a bit small, but the staff are very friendly and welcoming.

The continental breakfast is not much, but it does the job.

For the price point, I don't think you'll find any better option in the area.

Again the service was absolutely wonderful during my entire stay.

The internet here is quite slow though, as many people live here mor ethan a couple days, I think they may be downloading stuff and such, which slows it down for everyone. They did have comcast out working on the internet speed issues while I was there though, so maybe its better now.

The swimming pool is simple, but clean. There is no food on site, but there is a restaurant right next door (separate from the hotel though). They do deliver to the rooms though fyi.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

I trusted the Extended Stay brand and what a mistake. The room did not have heat. It was 60 degrees when I got back to my room from dinner. I called the front desk and there was nothing they could do. Later that night I woke up cold, but the room did not have an extra blanket despite having a convertable couch. The security lock was broken (deadblot was working). There was garbage towering on the 3rd floor landing by the staircase when I arrived and it was still there the next day. After climbing over a bag of garbage to get to my room, I saw several grills in the walkway and had to walk past a man grilling dinner to get to my room. I got the impression that people were living there and not just staying for a week or so while on vacation.
I am so disappointed with this hotel that I refuse to stay in any Extended Stay hotels.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JAN0361
Raytown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

Dirty, Dirty, Dirty....the toilet would not flush, called them twice. They never came in to clean the rooms, or make the beds. The beds were so uncomfortable, and the room smelled. It was horrible.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gabbs623
phoenix, az
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2009

Dirty! Soiled furniture, walls, phone. Rude male desk clerk. Elevator broken and will be down for next three weeks for replacement of pulley. Elevator has needed replacement for past three years per hotel personnel. Corporate does not maintain this location. Dirty! Depressing place to stay!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Hospicenurse66
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2009

This is the worse place you could ever stay. Over charged my credit card giving me no funds to enjoy my weekend OR get another place to stay. Elevator was out and place me and my 75 year old mother on the 3rd floor with 4 days worth of bags!!! Then after asking for help to get her to the 3rd floor and bags, said they didn't have anyone available to help! When they were supposed to CREDIT my card for over charges, I get home to view my bank statement and they CHARGED it again instead of CREDIT!!! Service for more supplies like TOILET PAPER, SOAP AND TOWELS never came!!! Don't EVER stay here!!!

• Stayed September 2009
Wichita
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2009

When we made this 3 night reservation we were quoted 39.99, 49.99 & 49.99 consecutively per night for a king non-smoking room (due to my wife's health issues) for 2 adults. The room (per the desk clerk) that was actually reserved was a king smoking room. We complained but were told the only room available @ the time of check in was a queen non smoking which we reluctantly accepted. The clerk also told us it would actually be less charge anyway, so we were agreeable to that. At check out the only clerk on duty refused to give us a receipt, but we didn't have time to argue because we had a long drive ahead of us & needed to get home for our pets. After getting home I checked the receipt on line & discovered that not only were we charged more per night than we were quoted @ the reservation but we also charged an "extra guest fee" of $20.00 that we were not informed of. It appears as if this chain is involved if deceptive practices or fraud, I haven't decided which as of yet.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple