“Wear Their Bib, It's That Good”
Review of The Yabby Hut

The Yabby Hut
Ranked #15 of 428 Restaurants in Lakewood
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant is where an adult be a kid. The table is covered with a big piece of wax paper, and once you get your food the waiter comes along and puts a bib on you. They have seafood and if you love seafood then you will love this one. It's amazing taste come in extra hot, hot, medium and mild. The flavors are incredible, your seafood comes in cooking bags. These bags are tied and when you open the bag the aroma of all these different taste are incredible. Please go and try this for yourself. I say a taste of maybe one country and one other state and I am not going to tell you because you will have to try it for your self. Soooo soooo good.
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Yabby, Yabby, we love the Hut, the crab legs, the seasoning w/ garlic (spicy), potatoes, the corn cob, the mess. Maybe don't wear a white shirt on your first visit. We love Yabby. People love the crawfish there, we haven't tried them yet, kind of in a crab leg rut, I guess.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

The gumbo was the best thing that we ordered. Spice level was right. The person that ordered the appetizer sampler enjoyed the fish, shrimp, and Cajun fries. While there was a large portion of calamari, it was not as good. The sign at the door indicated that the crawfish was frozen so I did not get that. Instead I ordered one pound of the shrimp with medium Cajun spicy sauce. The shrimp had obviously been frozen and were tough. The lack of silverware and non-styrofoam dishes was disappointing. The price was inexpensive; but, the overall quality was lacking.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

I just moved to Lakewood and discovered this place on Google maps. What awesome service and food. The fish is fresh and the homemade coleslaw is to die for. Placing an order to go is easy and fast. I highly recommend this place if you are a seafood lover. They will take care of you. Prices are consistent with fresh seafood prices. You will love this place!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Good food with lots of choice of sauce like garlic, lemon, original hot sauce, etc. Or just boiled. Crawfish, catfish, crabs, gumbo, you name it, they have them all! Lots of variety of seafood and side dishes as well. Very friendly employees. You can spend at least an hour and half to enjoy with family and friends.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were staying at a nearby hotel and were looking for a place close by. We chose this place based on the positive reviews.
It definitely is very messy, so if you are on a date I would go somewhere else!
I ordered 1 pound of shrimp, it comes served in a plastic bag with eyes intact & everything! FYI they don’t provide silverware, so you will get messy. I must say though it was very delicious.