“Handled our big group with ease”
Review of 240 Union

240 Union
Ranked #2 of 428 Restaurants in Lakewood
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

We had a group of 12 for a birthday party. They has it set up in advance and guided people to it as they straggled in over 20-30 minutes. Menu variety was good for all tastes and it has a modern, upbeat vibe that is very enjoyable.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed September 17, 2017

One of my favorite restaurants so far in Lakewood area. Probably not really any more expensive than most other restaurants these days. I had a pleasant meal (solo) and very good service. My only really small complaint is that I felt a little cool, must have been sitting below of fan.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Rather than eating another average expensive meal in Vail we have stopped at 240 Union for dinner on 2 different occasions in the last 2 weeks. The people are very nice, attentive, informative and professional. The atmosphere is modern and very chic. The food is quite good and the value is as well.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

Had a reservation for five people, but called and emailed wellbeforehand to say we had a sixth. When we arrived, the table was set for five and not really large enough for six. Server said he was sorry, but there was nothing he could do, so....six people sat at a table for five. OK...not a big deal. Ordered wine---Duckhorn---a decent bottle. Server said they had some wine specials that were cheaper. I looked at those bottles and stuck with the Duckhorn. Server tried to talk me out of that choice a second time. Kind of weird...I thought the purpose of any business was to maximize profits, not otherwise. Again, not the end of the world. Ordered four starters---again, we had six people. They were OK, but with the small table, wine, and four starters, the table was completely full...no one could really move without turning something over. Ordered meals---everyone ordered something different...steak, lamb, fish, etc. those were OK...not really first class. My lamb, for example, was really tough and very fatty. Two people wanted something sweet at the end of the meal. They ordered one item to split. That came out with one and only one plate. Had to ask for a second plate. All in all, it was really not that great. Party of six and a bill of $360....I really expected more.

Reviewed September 9, 2017

Our visit to family and friends in Denver was capped off by a 'fine dining' experience at a very special restaurant. We did have reservations and were seated promptly when we arrived. The restaurant was at full capacity at midweek. The menu is very large and seafood is the specialty. Two in our party had the Cioppino, which is a fish stew. One, who eats here often, comes solely for this dish....(Excellent).
My wife and I tried the 'Golden Trout' which was a special for the day... It was also suberb with a deep red flesh that fell off the bones.
This was a great dining experience and prices reasonable for what is delivered.

1  Thank AlbenBrewder