“Pies Galore!!”

Granny Scott's Pie Shop
Ranked #3 of 10 Dessert in Lakewood
Reviewed August 3, 2017

Checked out all the pies and selected a couple slices of Chocolate Cream Pie...really big and dense. Could not eat it all in one sitting, so saved half for the next day.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

Got a banana cream pie and zucchini bread here. The pie was tasty overall, though the crust was too thin for my liking. When done right, the crust is usually one of my favorite parts of a pie, but this crust is so thin it's almost an afterthought. When you cut the pieces there's very little on the bottom to give it structure...the crust breaks easily and if you're not careful to retrieve the fragments you could be working with a piece that has almost no crust at all. The banana filling was good, though I've had better. There is a whole lot of whipped cream in the top, and this made the overall effect a bit sweet for my taste. In addition, the pie seemed a bit pricey for what you get.

The zucchini bread did not distinguish itself. It was solid but nothing special.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 7, 2017

We saw this pie shop from across the parking lot and zipped over to check it out, and the family was glad we did. The pie was amazing, and they even have a 98 cent pie cutter for those like us that are travelling. Would go back there without question the next time we are in the neighborhood.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed December 3, 2016

Wether it's cinnamon rolls, soup, sandwiches, McGills Ice Cream or pies this place is a hidden treasure in Lakewood. Watching the ladies make pies is a great pastime while you enjoy their food.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed July 20, 2016

My mom loves pie. Loves it. So, when the other pie place closed, she was bummed. You see, my mom travels from Fort Collins and so as a reward for her long "hike" to Lakewood, we always go out for pie after she arrives. So, in my quest to find great pie in Lakewood, my husband and I took a chance on this little place. I never would have guessed, from the outside of the building, that this little gem was THIS good!

The pie was wonderful. The other baked goods were home-made AWESOMENESS. For dinner, I had a turkey sandwich "meal" (read: includes PIE!) and my husband had the beef pot pie "meal" (again: Pie!). Both were fantastic. My sandwich was very tasty with turkey, cheese, and the fixin's, and the pot pie was divine! ...but the Pie....oh my.

My mom will be back in town soon, and I can't wait to take her to Granny Scott's Pie Shop!

Date of visit: July 2016