See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

This place was something right out of a horror movie. The floors were stained and clearly not vacuumed. The shower had a used soap bar and soap bottles in it along with hair in the drain, and was also clearly not cleaned. The coffee pot had some coffee still in it from the previous guests. The bedding was stained and dirty. The air conditioner was not installed properly. The lock on the door did not work. The paint on the wall was peeling. The chair in the room was broken. Needless to say, we got a refund and went to a different hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca P
Reviewed September 12, 2016

My friend and I were looking for an inexpensive motel along I-70 as we traveled from Denver to Kansas. 1st Gold Inn Limon seemed to fit the bill.

Where do I begin? From the filthy front office to the empty, beer-can laden parking lot...to the decrepit building adjacent to the motel strip with insulation hanging from a falling ceiling (see the pictures)...and to the filthy trash barrel reeking of filth and decay directly in front of the door to the room we were given. And I haven't even gotten to the room.

On entering our room, while it appeared old and outdated, it initially appeared clean. However, it was ungodly hot. I flipped the thermostat on the wall to the open position....and NOTHING. It was then I realized it wasn't a functioning thermostat. I then noticed the hole in the wall where the A/C unit once had been......cheaply covered over with plywood (see picture). When the lights on our car were on, you could see them from the room THROUGH the holes in the wall. I returned to the front office and asked for a different room.

The next room reeked of cigarette smoke, years and years of it. I had requested a non-smoking room. Back to the front desk.

Our THIRD room was on the second floor (which was a ghost town with the other 3 motel guests on the ground floor) which I accessed by climbing a dark, damp cement staircase with torn carpet treads and which had parts of the ceiling hanging down from water damage. At that point, I didn't want to see the room because I was afraid for my own safety.

I returned to the front office and told them that I wanted a refund and that I would not stay in a motel that had so many obvious safety issues. The woman behind the desk issued me a BOGUS refund slip which never made it back to my credit card account.
I gave it two days and contacted Travelocity, despite their no-refund policy. I explained my concerns and how they should NOT be allowing this motel to advertise on their website. They contacted the 1st Gold Limon Motel and they refused to refund my money. DISHONEST AND SHAMEFUL. I also have an issue with Travelocity....they have not taken this motel off of their website. WHERE IS THE CONCERN FOR THE ORDINARY TRAVELLER? I am writing this review for YOU, the traveler, so you do not visit this s*ithole of a motel. I can not imagine a young person, or a woman with child, or a solo traveler, or ANYONE, staying overnight in this disgusting, unsafe place.

Please do NOT book this hotel. Stay safe.

I returned to the office

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank thecin1
Kim K, Guest Relations Manager at 1st Inn Limon, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2016

Reviewed February 17, 2016 via mobile

Ok we drove over 900 miles in one day and .needed a room for two adults and a very well behaved malamute. This place had one room left for a dog. 15 pet fee. Really? The room was ok. The parking lot was not snow plowed. No dead lock on room door. No plastic ddrinking cups in the room. The office was dirty. Trash was piled high in out side trash cans. No coffer on site for a 65 room for two with an older dog. The hotel clerk was nice enough. That's it. We were tired and desperate.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2015

First the positives--beds and pillows were very comfortable. Room had a full size fridge and a microwave. AC worked well. Rates are among the lowest in Limon.
Now for the negatives--bathroom was deplorable. Black mold growing on tile and on ceiling. Tub had no stopper nor did sink. Water took 30 minutes to drain out of tub. Deadbolt on door did not work. No security chain. Had to call on phone for manager to check us in. Can't imagine any female family member ever agreeing to stay here. Best suited for over-the-road truckers, construction workers, men traveling alone.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Debobs
Reviewed June 26, 2015 via mobile

When I walk into a hotel I'm looking for four things: cleanliness, safety, a good night of sleep and value for my money.

Was 1st Inn clean? Yes.

Did I feel safe here? Yes.

Did we all sleep well? Yes, very well.

Do I feel I got a good return on my money? Yes.

Are the owners/managers young and tattooed? Yes. And that has exactly nothing to do with the quality of my stay.

The hotel is aged. However, this makes it harder, not easier to keep clean. Our room was clean, with no funky smells. The workers were very polite and were handling a line of people checking in with patience and grace.

As a mother traveling cross country with my children and needing a safe, clean place to sleep, this checks all the boxes. And it was inexpensive.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family