See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Worst motel experience I’ve ever had.
Bugs, dirty old carpet, stained flooring in bathroom, soap from another hotel chain, chipping paint on ceiling, mold & mildew in shower, toilet rusted at base, no mattress protector, no pillow protectors, no ice machine, no wi-if, no cable,

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

Arrived at 2:30 in morning. Only hotel in town with a room. Charged for full night. Three bottles of hand pumped lotion, shampoo and conditioner for ease of their senior citizens? That was a first! Then rubber shower mat! Shower was very slick so understand why. Room was old and dated but sheets were clean, air worked and we slept good. Wouldn't stay here again unless absolutely necessary. Obviously has several issues to work on.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Kim K, Guest Relations Manager at 1st Inn Limon, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Thank you for the feedback. I am so sorry that you had a bad experience. I will make sure that these issues are addressed with the General Manager and staff. We have made some recent updates to our property to ensure that each and every guest is happy with the service and accommodations that we provide. Your comments are appreciated.

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

This place was something right out of a horror movie. The floors were stained and clearly not vacuumed. The shower had a used soap bar and soap bottles in it along with hair in the drain, and was also clearly not cleaned. The coffee pot had some coffee still in it from the previous guests. The bedding was stained and dirty. The air conditioner was not installed properly. The lock on the door did not work. The paint on the wall was peeling. The chair in the room was broken. Needless to say, we got a refund and went to a different hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca P
Reviewed September 12, 2016

My friend and I were looking for an inexpensive motel along I-70 as we traveled from Denver to Kansas. 1st Gold Inn Limon seemed to fit the bill.

Where do I begin? From the filthy front office to the empty, beer-can laden parking lot...to the decrepit building adjacent to the motel strip with insulation hanging from a falling ceiling (see the pictures)...and to the filthy trash barrel reeking of filth and decay directly in front of the door to the room we were given. And I haven't even gotten to the room.

On entering our room, while it appeared old and outdated, it initially appeared clean. However, it was ungodly hot. I flipped the thermostat on the wall to the open position....and NOTHING. It was then I realized it wasn't a functioning thermostat. I then noticed the hole in the wall where the A/C unit once had been......cheaply covered over with plywood (see picture). When the lights on our car were on, you could see them from the room THROUGH the holes in the wall. I returned to the front office and asked for a different room.

The next room reeked of cigarette smoke, years and years of it. I had requested a non-smoking room. Back to the front desk.

Our THIRD room was on the second floor (which was a ghost town with the other 3 motel guests on the ground floor) which I accessed by climbing a dark, damp cement staircase with torn carpet treads and which had parts of the ceiling hanging down from water damage. At that point, I didn't want to see the room because I was afraid for my own safety.

I returned to the front office and told them that I wanted a refund and that I would not stay in a motel that had so many obvious safety issues. The woman behind the desk issued me a BOGUS refund slip which never made it back to my credit card account.
I gave it two days and contacted Travelocity, despite their no-refund policy. I explained my concerns and how they should NOT be allowing this motel to advertise on their website. They contacted the 1st Gold Limon Motel and they refused to refund my money. DISHONEST AND SHAMEFUL. I also have an issue with Travelocity....they have not taken this motel off of their website. WHERE IS THE CONCERN FOR THE ORDINARY TRAVELLER? I am writing this review for YOU, the traveler, so you do not visit this s*ithole of a motel. I can not imagine a young person, or a woman with child, or a solo traveler, or ANYONE, staying overnight in this disgusting, unsafe place.

Please do NOT book this hotel. Stay safe.

I returned to the office

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank thecin1
Kim K, Guest Relations Manager at 1st Inn Limon, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2016

Reviewed February 17, 2016 via mobile

Ok we drove over 900 miles in one day and .needed a room for two adults and a very well behaved malamute. This place had one room left for a dog. 15 pet fee. Really? The room was ok. The parking lot was not snow plowed. No dead lock on room door. No plastic ddrinking cups in the room. The office was dirty. Trash was piled high in out side trash cans. No coffer on site for a 65 room for two with an older dog. The hotel clerk was nice enough. That's it. We were tired and desperate.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple