Enchanted Mesa Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Mesa Verde Motel(Mancos)(Great Value!)
US$69
Far View Lodge(Mesa Verde National Park)
US$121
US$66
EconoLodge
US$47
US$40
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Small motel off the main highway but ideally sited for mesa Verde Nat. Park.
Room was great, they do not make up the room , but leave it empty while you are out , which for 2 nights was ok by me.
Mangos is small town with little to do, couple of cafes/ restaurants and bar.
I stayed for two very quiet nights and would stay again if passing through.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank MastG
Reviewed 31 May 2013

A clean small town motel which provides all the necessities! Looks can be deceiving - very quiet location and quiet rooms. We stayed over a long weekend as it was close to a friends house and central location to the sights we were there to see. Has a nice laundry facility for those on long term vacations. Owners do not service the rooms while occupied but are available to provide fresh towels, coffee, etc., daily. They keep very strict hours but it worked for us and the other couple that we were traveling with!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank fdunlap
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Enchanted Mesa is quirky (in a very nice way),very comfortable, clean, excellent value for money and the people who run the place are very friendly and helpful. It would be a very great shame if a place like this closed; it has character and charm. It reflects the owners (also in a nice way!); it’s a place that has been cared for and represents the love and attention given it by the owners. This is most definitely not a modern chain hotel (I’ve nothing against chains necessarily!); it provides something different and something rather special. It is an excellent base for exploring Mesa Verde and there are good places to eat in Mancos - Millwoods for dinner and Absolute Bakery for breakfast. The town library provides internet connection for emailing.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Philip F
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My most recent stay at the Enchanted Mesa Motel in Mancos, Colorado was in July 2012. It was my third stay there. The owners, Tom and Lora, are always welcoming. In July, they mentioned the motel is on the market; FYI, they hope to move to Texas. That may or may not change things. I love that this motel is off the beaten path. Before when staying in Mancos (often in my travels), I stayed up on the highway, but when you enter Mancos from the West, there is a loop-road which I decided to take some time ago. It takes you through quiet residential streets, and Enchanted Mesa is on that loop. If you wish to see more of the town, simply drive further East! It is an older motel - Tom fixed my screen door the evening I arrived when he noticed it was hanging loose. My room was cozy (I'd been put in that room before). It is decorated with a Teddy Bear, a doll, and pieces of crochet (kinda cute). It has a fridge, microwave and many TV channels. Coffee fixings (including Mini Moos), plus bottled water are provided. Complimentary postcards and maps. All rooms non-smoking. The shower in the room is very small, but nice hot water. An American flag flies out front - I love that! One thing, there were teensy bugs on the side table in the morning - curious, but since they weren't spiders, I didn't cringe. (OK price, the TV had the channels I prefer, and it was time to leave! I left a note about the bugs for the owners on the table.) Considering its close proximity to Mesa Verde and the price, this motel still works for me. (My room was on the West side.) Two other interesting things: they attract customers from overseas - good for them - and Tom and Lora are bikers, fine with me. Some interesting conversations with all that. Mancos itself is an interesting, artsy place, and there is a Hot Air Balloon Festival/Art Show in the Fall. It's become my "go to" place when I'm traveling Rt.160 through beautiful Colorado!

Room Tip: May want to ask for a room on the northside of the motel? Location makes all rooms quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank jane_g_co
Reviewed 12 August 2012

When I stayed here, I learned the place was for sale. The owners were very nice but needed out.
It's simply an old motel in a very small town. For many people it will serve their purpose. In fact it worked for me as I was on a bicycle tour with friends and just needed a shower and a bed.
I'd never ever pick this place if traveling with my wife. She isn't that picky BUT, doesn't like worn out either. (except maybe me).
So if you need to stay in Mancos and can tolerate an old motel, this will work. The a/c worked well as did the refrigerator and microwave.
I hated to give it a "poor" rating but it really isn't even average for 2012 when comparing to all other motels. Of course I don't think any of the others exist in Mancos. The good news is Cortez and Durango are close by.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends