“We had a simple room service for dinner but came down for breakfast”

Cliff House Hotel Dining Room
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Cliff House Dining Room has gained national renown as one of Colorado’s premier dining destinations. We are proud recipients of the distinguished DiRoNa Award and the 4 Diamond Award in Fine Dining from AAA.
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Which was very good. It's a Buffett but there are waiters around for coffee and good linen tables. Not your best western buffet by a long shot.

Reviewed September 2, 2017

I swear everything I write here to be true and correct! We have stayed at this establishment in the past and have found both the hotel and restaurant to be upscale. This last stay was without a doubt horrid. In the past we have booked suites which are expensive and in the past well kept. This was a quick overnight stay so I booked a king room. Dirty dirty dirty. I complained to the front desk and Amanda (I think) was quick to move us into a suite. We were grateful. The room for the most part was great with the exception of two issues. The sink by the coffee maker was plugged with about an inch of water. The two person shower - only one shower head was in working order. Everything should be working people. Dinner in their restaurant: First let me say I owned a five star restaurant in Oregon for years. In the past I have given the Cliff house restaurant 4 stars. Our experience here was not even a two. Waiter showed to our table with sweat dripping from his face. Complete turn off. Also, his demeanor something from I - Hop where he probably worked last. The rest of the staff not much better including the manager. The worst food I ever had at a supposed upscale restaurant. Breakfast has always been outstanding with fresh pastries coming out of the kitchen. The breakfasts at La Quinta are comparable. Pastries came from Walmart I would guess. Forks missing from the table as was the wait staff most of the time. Obviously this entire establishment needs training from the manager on down. If you want an upscale experience go somewhere else until they get their act together. Watch for positive reviews falsely written to counter the truth I Just wrote.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

We just had breakfast but it was quite good. You can also order from the menu but you will pay more for essentially same items as the buffet. Pleasant room.

Reviewed August 20, 2017

Excellent service and food - we were able to sit outside on the front porch on a beautiful day. I have to eat gluten free and my daughter prefers to eat vegetarian, plus we had our two small dogs with us. They were very accommodating to us, even had gluten free bread!

Reviewed August 20, 2017

This was a nice evening out for my anniversary. The wine list is extensive and the fresh bread, cranberry butter and after dinner chocolate from the local chocolate maker were lovely touches. I enjoyed the duck dish very much, however, the menu selections were all very rich for my tastes and the service was nothing special. Because it is such an elegant, historic dining room, it would have been nice if we were seated away from the other guests since the dining room was nearly empty. Instead, we were seated directly next to two other parties and this forced us to mute and limit our conversation whilst also being forced to overhear the conversations of the other diners. It is a very beautiful and historic restaurant with interesting and creatively prepared food, but I think it is a little bit on the pricey side based on the level of service we received. It would have been a nice gesture if they had provided us with an anniversary gift of some sort, although not expected.