“Tasty!”
Review of Sahara Cafe

Sahara Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$14
Description: The Sahara Cafe offers a variety of the Middle Eastern foods such as Falafels,Chicken,Hummus,Kabob,Baba Ganoush,and caters alot of events.
Reviewed October 19, 2016

I enjoyed my visit and meal here. I had the chicken shawarma, which was a nice change from the gyros/pitas I've had before, and it was particularly good dipped in their hummus. I had a side of falafel, which were unfortunately soggy on the bottom. And I tried their sage tea, which I was disappointed to find is already sweetened -- I would have preferred to try it without sugar and add sugar myself if needed. My husband ordered a shredded beef meat plate, which he enjoyed greatly. It's a good option especially if you don't have regular access to mediterranean/middle eastern cuisine.

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

We were in Manitou Springs to visit Pikes Peak. Based on the good reviews from Trip Advisor we decided to try the Sahara. It is a storefront restaurant right downtown and is not fancy. But the food quality is excellent if you like Greek food! We recommend the falafel for sure and also the sampler plate. We had baklava as well, which was also very good.

Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

Fast, friendly service. Must try the baklava! Sampler plate and chicken plate were delicious. Never had falafel like this before, must try! Reasonable prices and family friendly.

Reviewed September 28, 2016

We tried some of the vegetarian plates: mezze, falafel and fava beans. The falafel (which I didn't try) was the most popular item. My fava beans were pretty good. I didn't care for the pita bread, which was soft instead of chewy. But this is a reasonably priced, healthy spot for lunch.

Reviewed September 21, 2016

We ate here after seeing great reviews. The food lived up to our expectations. Some of the best falafel I've ever had and the other food was great as well! Get ice cream and baklava for dessert :)
We were there during a busy time so they ran out of tables a couple times while we were eating. Saw some other folks that had to wait for seats. I guess that's a good sign, just be aware :)