“Great baklava and good prices”
Review of Sahara Cafe

Sahara Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$14
Description: The Sahara Cafe offers a variety of the Middle Eastern foods such as Falafels,Chicken,Hummus,Kabob,Baba Ganoush,and caters alot of events.
Reviewed October 19, 2016

Like others, we visited this cafe because we were cruising through Manitou Springs, were hungry and had read TR reviews. We were not disappointed. VERY friendly wait staff, great menu and the best baklava we've ever had! My entree was a gyro and my wife ordered a lamb kabob. Again, the dessert was three kinds of baklava! They also have a nice collection of local ice creams. Highly recommend!

1  Thank okeedoke

Reviewed October 19, 2016

I enjoyed my visit and meal here. I had the chicken shawarma, which was a nice change from the gyros/pitas I've had before, and it was particularly good dipped in their hummus. I had a side of falafel, which were unfortunately soggy on the bottom. And I tried their sage tea, which I was disappointed to find is already sweetened -- I would have preferred to try it without sugar and add sugar myself if needed. My husband ordered a shredded beef meat plate, which he enjoyed greatly. It's a good option especially if you don't have regular access to mediterranean/middle eastern cuisine.

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

We were in Manitou Springs to visit Pikes Peak. Based on the good reviews from Trip Advisor we decided to try the Sahara. It is a storefront restaurant right downtown and is not fancy. But the food quality is excellent if you like Greek food! We recommend the falafel for sure and also the sampler plate. We had baklava as well, which was also very good.

Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

Fast, friendly service. Must try the baklava! Sampler plate and chicken plate were delicious. Never had falafel like this before, must try! Reasonable prices and family friendly.

Reviewed September 28, 2016

We tried some of the vegetarian plates: mezze, falafel and fava beans. The falafel (which I didn't try) was the most popular item. My fava beans were pretty good. I didn't care for the pita bread, which was soft instead of chewy. But this is a reasonably priced, healthy spot for lunch.