“Inexpensive, casual, with nice variation”
Review of Sahara Cafe

Sahara Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$14
Description: The Sahara Cafe offers a variety of the Middle Eastern foods such as Falafels,Chicken,Hummus,Kabob,Baba Ganoush,and caters alot of events.
Reviewed September 19, 2017

An innovative menu, with well seasoned middle eastern items. We ate vegetarian, so I can't report on the meat. For dessert: local homemade ice cream. If you don't come for the falafels, come for the ice cream—in cones or cups, so you can sit down and eat or grab it to go.

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

SAGE TEA!! Get that. Hot or cold.
The food is delicious and reasonably priced.
Wait staff is attractive but sparse at times. I've been here lots and have never been disappointed with the food.

Reviewed September 8, 2017

We had such a good experience at Sahara Cafe today. We ordered the beef kabob plate. It came to the table piping hot and every item on it was fresh and delicious. The beef was a ground meat that was studded with garlic and other colorful bits, and had excellent flavor, and not one disgusting chunk of gristle. The kabob included flavorful and perfectly cooked red pepper, green pepper and onion. The platter came with a small pile of fresh shredded lettuce topped with delicious tzatziki sauce and a wonderfully flavored slice of pickled turnip (I wouldn't have known what it was, but I asked). And then there was the hummus, the freshest, creamiest and yummiest hummus I've ever had. Oh and the warm and awesomely fresh flatbread perfectly rounded out the platter. There was nothing on the plate that wasn't perfect in flavor and freshness. As good as the food was, the service was just as good. The young man, who was the only employee we saw, other than the one preparing the food, could not have been nicer. He alone worked the to-go counter, ice cream counter, and sit-down customers. He was pleasant to everyone, helpful, and efficient. But he did not talk to us excessively or bother us constantly (as many waitstaff seem inclined to do). The bathroom and the entire restaurant were very clean, in spite of the fact the facility appears to be quite old and is probably a challenge to thoroughly clean. We cannot say enough good about our experience. We had a wonderful time in Manitou today, primarily as a result of the fine food and service we received at the Sahara Cafe.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

I really enjoy eating Middle Eastern food here. The staff is nice and helpful. Even though the fries are not Middle Eastern I love ordering the fries with my falafel. They are super.

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Love this place so so much the falafel is Amazing!!!! It is my favourite place to eat in Manitou! Fantastic food, great service and lovely little atmosphere!

1  Thank wrgriffith01