“Dinner in the Manor House”

Briarhurst Manor Estate
Reserve with OpenTable
Briarhurst Manor Estate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayfair Avenue
Transit: City bus stops on Manitou Avenue close to our location.
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our mid-week escape to the Briarhurst. We took advantage of the 5 course pre-fixe menu and enjoyed every one of the chef's selections (the lobster bisque, steak Diane, desserts were particularly good). The surroundings in the medium sized rooms of an old stone mansion were very cozy, the bar area looked classic but we didn't linger there. Service was excellent and the background jazz music also hit the spot for us.

My dinner starch, the risotto was just a bit too salty, but overall I was very impressed with the flavors, serving size and presentation. A very enjoyable evening and we will definitely come back. There is no place like it in the Colorado Springs area.

There are newer reviews for Briarhurst Manor Estate

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I spent several hours this past Saturday night at the Briarhurst new Lounge. It was delightful! The atmosphere was so warm and cozy. Live music by two young men, one on guitar, the other mandolin. Modern/folk/bluegrass, big smiles, drew you to them. Volume was perfect, I could enjoy my conversation AND listening to them too! I had the artichoke dip, couple of martinis, and finished off with not only Cheesecake Bites but the famous FABULOUS Creme Brule'. EVERYTHING was PERFECT! Is this Colorado Spring's new "Hit Spot"? I know I'll be going back...Big Birthday next month, what a place to invite my friends to come help celebrate!!!

1  Thank Lee H
Reviewed 17 January 2014

we had the 4 coarse meal and was great. atmosphere was also good. we recieved excellent service
Will definitely come back.

1  Thank selena m
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I took my friend there, as it was my first time to eat there. I heard they had excellent food, but I wished I had been more aware of their prices. I originally had a Groupon for $58, which was for two people to have the 5-course dinner. Unfortunately, I got really sick, hospitalized on numerous occassions due to neurosurgery (result of a tumor in my head) and was unable to use the Groupon before the expiration date. Therefore, I was allowed to use it for face value of $58, but I was told I still HAD to order the 5-course dinner. Originally, to save money I wasn't going to do that, as we both really couldn't eat that much food.

However, we did order it and the food was EXCELLENT ...unfortunately it all came with a hefty price tag. I did order the lobster tail, but that was allowed to be included in the 5-course dinner. The only thing that we added in extra expenses were a mushroom strudel appetizer, her two glasses of wine & fancy bottled water and my margarita (a total of $48 - that alone is outrageous). So our 2-for-1 deal of $58 for a 5-course dinner ended up costing me $152.54 ADDITIONAL!! My original bill was $175.54 minus the $58 Groupon (again at face value). I included a $35.00 tip (20%), which brought my total to $152.54, as the difference of Groupon was $117.54.

WHO PAYS THESE KINDS OF PRICES FOR A DINNER FOR TWO?!?! I didn't let on to my friend about this, as the damage had been done. I wanted to show her a nice evening and I did. However, I will NOT return again ...not because of the food or service, but because of the outrageous prices.

Also, be aware that the parking "lot" is HORRIBLE! I know they were effected by the flood a few months back, but even before then the parking is all dirt and terrible to get into. The entrance is also hard to find if you don't know where you are going. I was amazed because the place is VERY-VERY nice and you would expect much-much better parking.

BE CAREFUL WITH GROUPONS .... some places will let you use them for what you bought them for even if they have "expired", but as I learned ...not all places do ...even when your reason for not using it before the expiration had nothing to do with you, but with a disease you were hospitalized for on numerous occasions.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Had a beautiful Christmas eve dinner with my family. My 2 daughters have dairy and wheat allergies and after a call ahead notice, the chef made sure they had somehting safe and delicious to eat. They usually are super picky but the steak medallions with roasted potatoes and some home made steak sauce from the meat drippings were a huge hit for my little angels. My scallops were perfect and my wife's lamb chops were some of the moisest and perfectly seasoned chops she's ever had.

Our server, Amanda was excellent. She took great care of us, ensured all the food coming out of the kitchen was safe for my girls, and tended to us throught our almost 2 hour dinner. By the end of the night, my girls were hanging onto her legs not wanting to leave... Since they usually do not like strangers and take awhile to warm up to people, that's a testament to how great our dining experience was.

If you are ever in Colorado Springs and want to have dinner where many people choose to celebrate special occasions, like their wedding receptions, this is an excellent place to bring your wife/girlfriend/family. (Just don't bring your wife and girlfriend at the same time ;-)

I gave the atmosphere a 4 vs 5 rating b/c there were some minor cracks in the ceiling but that's quickly overlooked when you are devouring your food...

1  Thank Shino_in_VA