“We just went there with my husband and our sons for my 80st birthday.”

Briarhurst Manor Estate
Reserve with OpenTable
Briarhurst Manor Estate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mayfair Avenue
Transit: City bus stops on Manitou Avenue close to our location.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The dinner was outstanding and the service excellent. My meal was free complements of the chef. Thank you Briarhurst Manor Chef.

1  Thank Gerdy W

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Wonderful food in a historic setting
Many game dishes left i.e. boar, elk, bison, Colorado bass and many more traditional beautifully presented and prepared
Don't miss it

1  Thank Jeffrey L
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We attended an evening wedding here in May. Unexpected rain meant the ceremony was moved into the ball room. The staff was attentive. The bar well stocked and wedding party was lovely. Didn't get to see much of the Manor, but it is a beautiful historic building.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My wife and I go to the Briarhurst each year for our anniversary. The setting is classic, the atmosphere is usually quiet and relaxed. We always get top notch service and the food is truly gourmet. The one time a appetizer had an ingredient to which my wife has an allergy, they cheerfully replaced it. Yes it's pricey, but worth every penny.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Colorado Springs was founded in the 1870s by General William Jackson Palmer who surveyed and built railroads along with his companion and co-founder of Colorado Springs, Dr. William Bell, an English physician turned adventurer and photographer. Dr. Bell helped grow Colorado Springs through his potent business contacts in England and became wealthy himself. With his growing affluence, Bell built a mansion, Briarhurst Manor, in Manitou Springs which adjoins Old Colorado City and Colorado Springs. Famous for hosting afternoon English teas, his beautiful, stone mansion eventually became a local landmark and elegant restaurant, still known as Briarhurst Manor.

Offering 5-course dinners, the Briarhurst is an exceptional place to celebrate anniversaries and special occasions. Recently celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary, my wife and I dined at the Briarhurst and enjoyed one of the Briarhurst's specialty dinners. The courses began with lobster bisque, which was delicious. The meal entrée was Beef Wellington, another 'winner'. For dessert, my wife had creme brulee (a favorite of hers), and I had an unusual 'parfait' dessert with a baked peach atop a sweet polenta cake above a layer of yogurt. And this peach 'parfait' was delicious.

Though we have visited the Briarhurst on a number of occasions over the years, we had dinner here on our wedding night 25 years ago and enjoyed a delicious chateaubriand. Alas, on this visit, we learned it is no longer on the menu. But the Beef Wellington was excellent as were the desserts and lobster bisque, and we enjoyed our special night amid the historic furnishings and elegance of this famous, local restaurant.

Though our food was soon consumed, the memory will last a lifetime.

Highly recommended.