“Pretty good ”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Manitou Ave / Canon Ave
Description: Award-winning romantic fine dining experience in the heart of historic downtown Manitou Springs. Voted "Best Wait Staff" (Gold) and "Best Fine Dining" (Bronze) and "Best Place for a Celebration," The Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant is locally owned by the same hosts for 22 years and is considered one of the charter members of Manitou Springs Chamber of Commerce. The Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant offers a rare, intimate dining experience where guests are invited to relax, linger, savor, and enjoy unrushed time together. Our signature 4-Course Fondue Dinner includes salad, cheese fondue, entree platter, and chocolate fondue. Unlike fondue in hot oil or broth, our entree platters feature table-top raclette grilling of delicious cuts of meat, seafood, sausages, and vegetables along with locally baked bread and fresh vegetables. We offer an extensive wine and beer menu including wine flight experiences in the dining room and happy hour in Mona's Cellar downstairs. The Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant is listed among the most romantic restaurants in the Pikes Peak Region's and has also made the list of America's most romantic restaurants.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We have had fondue in Switzerland and all of the USA. This place is pretty high up on the list for taste. The portions are a bit small (but that seems to be typical for most American fondue restaurants). The “old world” recipe does not taste like the fondue you will enjoy in Switzerland, but it’s pretty good in its own right. The “new world” fondue is pretty good too. Also,it’s nice to not have fondue in another Melting Pot environment. Overall, it’s worth trying out.

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Mona Lisa Wine Cellar on Sunday 3-4-18 with our daughter. She has visited this restaurant before and wanted to share the experience with us. My daughter and I enjoy fondue, my wife not so much. However, we decided to give it a try and we were very pleasantly surprised!

Happy hour runs from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM Thursday-Sunday and offers a 40% discount on all fondue items on the menu. The wine cellar is, in fact, below the actual Mona Lisa restaurant. It is small and private with only room for maybe 15-20 people. It was not crowded when we went in about 5:00 PM on Sunday.

We are not wine drinkers, but I had a nice domestic beer (Coors Light since we were in Colorado) in a perfectly chilled glass that added to the experience. The fondue is served by the pot and comes with a variety of dipping items, including delicious bread, veggies and fruit.

We selected the “Old World” fondue and a nice Brie fondue for our meal. As you probably know, most traditional cheese fondue contains wine. This fondue certainly does. I found the Brie fondue to be milder than the Old World version and with less of a wine taste. Both were good, but I preferred the Brie. If we return, I will be sure to sample the Swiss fondue.

We decided to pass on dessert, but they also offer several types of chocolate fondue and I’m told they are all delicious.

Total bill for two pots of fondue, all the dipping items we needed, one beer and two glasses of water was about $36 with tip.

Service was excellent, ambiance was great and the cellar was warm and completely insulated from street noise. It was a wonderful experience and we will likely do it again sometime.

Only reason I didn’t award 5 stars is the cellar could use some repair work, or cosmetic work anyway. It appears there may have been a little water damage on the ceiling at some point in the past.

If squeaky floors bother you, you may want to remember you are sitting beneath the actual restaurant and this is an old building. We heard people above us moving about, but it did not detract from the experience at all.

If you like fondue, this is a hidden gem in Manitou you need to try!

Reviewed February 24, 2018

Lovely restaurant. A bit pricey, but worth it. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful, and we really enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed January 10, 2018

My husband and I always look forward to the chance to dine at Mona Lisa! It is a special place with a great staff, romantic atmosphere, and scrumptious food! We always order a bottle of wine, sip, catch up, and enjoy our meal! Don't forget the CHOCOLATE! YUM!

Jeff K, Owner at Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

Hi HeardCrew,
Thank you so much for those nice words. I'm glad you have made us your special place and we look forward to your next occasion. See you soon!
Jeff

Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

Rude staff, small portions, inferior cuts of meat, bland seasoning, cramped tables, extension cords for the tabletop pots and grills running everywhere for guests to trip over. I don't recommend it and won't be going back, too many better options for a nice dinner available.