All reviews separate sink room was large place to stay clean rooms downtown manitou walking distance pikes peak shower willy garden gods
Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

Stayed one night while on family vacation. Clean rooms, with mini fridge and microwave.
Central location to tourists site in area and restaurants.
Nothing fancy outside of clean rooms.
Not to organized in the office, they knew we called for reservations but then did not write down when we were actually staying

1  Thank Iowagirl2
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

While this hotel is an older property it is nicely maintained. Staff is very friendly and the property is located near the center of town, but far enough away to avoid the crowds. My only complaint was the hard bed. Recommend for travelers looking for an alternative to higher cost properties.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights here to help our daughter move to Manitou. The location was convenient but the parking lot fills up fast. The staff were friendly enough. As for the hotel itself, it is old and needs renovations. One of our beds was wet when we arrived soaked to the mattress but the staff came to rectify it quickly. I would not stay here for a vacation but it served our needs. Beds were comfortable. The shower was not good. My son warned me the shower floor felt slimy so I took his advice and wore my flip flops in it. Also the water pressure was horrible, and the temp went from hot to cold. Our room had a mini fridge and micro so that was a plus. The Internet worked only about 2 out of our 4 days but we weren't in room much so it didn't matter to us. Most of the hotels in this area seemed old but due to convenient location would consider staying again. They advertise breakfast but it's not that great unless you like prepackaged bear claws and buns or cold bagels as I never saw a toaster.

2  Thank sugarccookie429
Reviewed July 10, 2016

It truly does a disservice to Tripadvisor followers when a business gets friends and family to write good to excellent reviews for them. Sooner or later you will be figured out. I understand that this is a family-owned and operated business, but that doesn't give you the right to bend the truth or to tell many versions of the truth before you tell a lie. This is an old motel and smells like it. It is clean and has everything a room should mostly although the bathroom is divided into two little rooms. Very weird. And the window opens up to a fence and trees on an embankment--hardly picturesque. The rug is the one smelling, I'll bet. I used my own linen because theirs looked clean but didn't feel very comfortable. I knew that I wasn't going to a spa, but I still expected more from their overblown reviews. The "mountain view" that they promise is not viewable if you're staying on the first floor. It's hard NOT to see Pike's Peak when it's looming overhead, and yet you must go out to the parking lot to get a glimpse of it. A lot of folks staying there along with the owner apparently sit outside at sundown and beyond, drinking and shootin' the breeze. It's all a bit sketchy. Parking is LIMITED, fyi. Yes "breakfast" is spartan. The owner likes to quote dictionary definitions here and remind people that a continental breakfast is ONLY rolls and coffee. My husband saw the offerings the first morning we were there; nothing continental there, just cheap. The owner also likes to say that his is not a chain motel, as if there's something wrong with that. Maybe he could at least meet minimum standards of hospitality if he were part of a chain. So, choose, dude, either you're an honest innkeeper who upkeeps his motel in a picturesque town or you join a chain. You're already charging as if you were while not delivering the goods. Keep going past this one.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank AyLulu
Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

The room was decent size, this is an older motel. The views are wonderful. The beds weren't the most comfortable, that's probably my biggest complaint about here. The shower could use a light inside as its a little dark. The front desk staff was friendly and nice when we checked in. We just stayed one night so it was fine fit passing through. Overall the room was fairly clean though and that's a plus.