“Updated Nice Motel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of White River Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Meeker
White River Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Meeker
Kansas City, MO
“Updated Nice Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

I secured this reservation at the last minute--not sure of what I was getting. I was pleasantly surprised with a nice room, obviously recently updated with a new bathroom and carpeting. It is very quiet, great bed, refrig. and microwave. I highly recommend this to anyone, as the reasonable rate made it a great find. The office was also very helpful and friendly. Can't miss with this one, and near beautiful country and the wild horse herd of East Douglas.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Doughgirl81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lincoln
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

Needed an overnight on our way into the Flat Tops and called these folks up. They had a great rate so we were not sure what to expect. Room was newly renovated and clean. Although right on the main road it was quiet, a big relief. The folks that run it were super nice and they obviously pay attention to every detail. Had a few picnic tables out front that we could make up breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank timmangini
Ft. Collins, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

White River Inn has been a regular business hotel for me the past 7 years. An hour from Rifle to the south, an hour from Craig to the east, and an hour from Rangely to the west, I'd rather stay here than any of those towns.
Prices in Rangely are incredibly high, $100 to $140 at the three hotels there during May '11. Rifle is also incredibly high priced ($100+ during the summer season for the name brand hotels), though the cheaper offerings there (Rusty Cannon Motel) are dated and dirty.
The hospitality, affordability, and cleanliness of White River Inn are, simply, unbeatable. The lack of continental breakfast is made up for by a quaint motor court feel (check out the 50's era postcard of the place at the front desk) although the rooms are all very newly remodeled. The green lawns and tables around the property are shaded and relaxing. Meeker has a few food dining options during the day: a new Mexican restaurant is passable and Ma Famiglia Italian is always delicious. Pizza Hut and Stage Stop Deli are just as could be expected.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Edgetheow
Ft. Collins, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2008

I stay at the White River Inn whenever I can, visiting a local store for business reasons. This time, I arranged a stay a week before, and at the last minute called them from Rifle, CO, an hour away, to see if I could check in one night early. LD made a couple calls, promptly called me back and offered me a larger room at a slightly higher rate (still a bargain at $75 a night). I checked in, and to my surprise, he gave me a large double bed room for the small room price of $65. I was thrilled. The small rooms at White River Inn are very small, but cozy. The heaters work well, even in the coldest winter weather, the beds are new and comfy. In the small rooms, the showers are standing only, but the hot water is consistent and plentiful. The larger rooms have a tub style bath and very comfortable, clean amenities. I always sleep well on their new(er) mattresses. This place is great, and I'll stay there again every chance I get. Highly recommended by me, a regular business traveller to Meeker, CO.

• Liked — the cozy, clean rooms
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Edgetheow