“The worst”
Review of Columbus Hotel

Columbus Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Ouray B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 July 2017

We had made reservations 3 months prior for the July 4th holiday and they canceled our reservations 12 hours before by email. We drove from California and had no place to stay. Craig at the hotel was rude when I spoke to him. J. Thiele

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie T

Reviewed 2 July 2017

If I could give negative stars I would.
This hotel overbooked their rooms, and sold a room to my daughter on her wedding night. When she arrived at 11pm the doors were locked and the owners would not come outside to speak with her. They left her stranded on main street in her wedding dress and did not offer help. They did not come to the hotel, they didn't make phone calls, they did NOTHING.
Do not, under any circumstance spend money at this place. They dont take ownership if their mistakes and they do not care to do anything to make it right

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank John P
Reviewed 9 August 2016

this was not an inexpensive room and conditions were not good the room was not very clean despite having just been cleaned the bed linens were very cheap and scratchy the bathroom sink was a little bowl we found out about he free breakfast not from staff but others even though it was advertised online breakfast does not start until 8:00

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2015

I've never been good about writing reviews so i'll just keep this short and sweet. I stay in Ouray for 3 weeks every winter and always rent a room here. And I love it. It is exactly what I need. No more, no less. A warm bed and internet and enough room to lay out all of my gear. The location is great! I love the fact that there is a restaurant downstairs. That is incredibly convenient after a long day of climbing. The owner is a superb guy and incredibly accommodating. I was constantly shipping replacement gear to the hotel and Craig (owner) went out of his way to make sure it got to me. I will admit, the decor is a little funky, at least in the room I was in but you come to like it after a while. Being 2015, I should point out you don't get a TV in your room (there is a coffee maker though. score!) but you really shouldn't be spending your time watching TV in Ouray.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2015

I arrived to a very questionable room as to cleanliness. The bedding is stained, sheets are thin and stained etc. I smelled them and they were washed, even the pillows were fresh smelling. I did look for hairs etc. just to be safer yet.
My coffee package was opened and the package of coffee had been used and put back in the wrapper. No coffee for me.
No screens on the bedroom window so bugs can come in at night.
I would give this place a rating of a poorly maintained hostel.
The charge is way high for the accomodations and lack of cleanlilness and upkeep.
The breakfast the next morning was great.

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

This property is for sale and the owner has given up. The carpet has not been vacuumed in a long time. The bed was not made, nor trash taken out, or in any way cleaned during my 5 day stay over the July 4 weekend. No television, no radio, no service. Good location. One step up from camping.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2015

I booked this hotel and luckily thought to call the night before I had to cancel to keep my money and was told it was double-booked. When I asked why I wasn't contacted, they said it happens, which is unacceptable given we drove 5 hours to spend our holiday weekend. What are we supposed to do? I guess we just drive home 5 hours thanks to their incompetence. I understand reservations coming in through different third-party booking sites can be difficult, but it's the situation so either be good at it or go out of business. Absolutely useless and ruined our holiday. Absolute lack of caring made this review happen.

Room Tip: Would have robbed me if they could.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple