All reviews teal landing rec center activity center hot tub living room village point through rci sales presentation mountain meadows resort activities these units full kitchen washer dryer murphy bed one bedroom unit chimney rock tennis courts
Reviewed June 24, 2006

We recently stayed for four nights in an Eagles Loft unit at Fairfield Pagosa. This area was not our first choice to stay in Colorado but we needed to use up our Fairfield Discovery points and this unit ate up a pretty good chunk of them. The unit was spacious and we really enjoyed the hot tub in the evening after it cooled down a bit outside. These units have no air conditioning and it was very hot in early June, even by a native Southerner's standards. They have one large box fan (swamp cooler) for a three story unit. Then there were the geese, no less than sixty of them relieving themselves on the shores or our nicely manicured lakeside vacation home. Oh well, the sight of the hot air balloons rising above the lake detracted us from the geese droppings for a while. If you come here, be sure to watch for the balloons daily between 7:30 and 8:00 in the morning.
Pagosa Springs is a small town and we found ourselves leaving it everyday since there were more interesting things to do in Durango and the surrounding areas. We couldn't get cell phone service (Nextel) in Pagosa either so it was difficult trying to stay in touch with our family. We were hesitant to answer the phone in the unit because in our past experiences the Fairfield reps would harass us up until the point of our departure. After four nights we were ready to move on.

Date of stay: June 2006
17  Thank rosegal
Reviewed April 3, 2006

We stayed in an Eagles Loft by the lake. The condo was spacious, and the view magnificient. I found the housekeeping in the condo left alot to be desired. Some of the corners hadn't seen a vacuum in months. I had to dust the T.V. screen, so we could have a better view. The T.V. in the main area, kept going off the air. I believe it will have to be replaced in the near future. The bedroom one was fine, although it didn't have a remote, so had to call the office to get one.

The stove and micro, also needed a good cleaning. The white exterior was grey with dust and grime.

There is ONE COMPUTER, for the entire resort, which is unbelievable. People were lined up to view their mail. It went on the fritz the last day we were there. We took our own computer, but no wireless available in the units. We had to go to the local coffee shop or restaurant to use it. I found this rather backward for the 21st century.

The people at the check in were very nice and accomodating. I had a towel rack fall off the bathroom, which the fellow told me happens almost daily! He was there in half an hour to repair it.

There is one lady in the Activity Centre who was pro customer service. I can't remember her name, she'd be 60 or so. The others didn't seem happy in their jobs. They were abrupt and to the point, if you asked them a question.

We stay in Fairfields alot and I must say this one does not meet the standards of the others. We came from Flagstaff Arizona, where they called us every second day to see if everything was o.k. It seemed to me Pagosa Springs could've cared less.

Date of stay: March 2006
19  Thank swing
Reviewed March 18, 2006

We *won* a week (Spring Break) at Teal Landing at an auction last year. The price was $ 695 for the week (included tax!) and we had unit 1226 in Teal Landing. A 2 bedroom/bath condo facing the lake. It was a fabulous place to stay although the dialing-up internet connection was slow (can't believe anyone would build in this day/age without cable/dsl modems).

The fridge had a few remaining items from the previous guest but other than that the place was spotless. 3 tv's, a stackable washer/dryer, etc. Would absolutely recommend as a place to stay but we weren't impressed w/Wolf Creek at all for skiing (wrote another review on that under Wolf Creek Ski Resort)

Date of stay: March 2006
12  Thank Masonpips
Reviewed February 12, 2006

Our family has traveled to Pagosa Springs, CO since 1986, off and on. We have enjoyed several of the different units during different summers. With two daughters we always got a two bedroom lockout so that they could have their own space and we had ours, meeting in the middle. We used both washers/dryers, the dishes, etc. Our family has met friends/family there on occasions also. We are golfers, put on the walking shoes and walk, enjoy the family times, the shopping is fun, Durango is only an hour away, Wolf Creek Pass is beautiful (but don't travel at night for your first time!), we also travel to Farmington, NM for a change. If you gamble, there is a casino near. Mesa Verde is very interesting. Mountain Meadows condos did get pretty run down before they did a "face-lift" on them over the past couple of summers. Make sure to stop at "White Sands" National Forest on the east side of Pagos...it is very unique! We drove by it many times before stopping and did enjoy when we finally did! We find the staff at our Fairfield resort always polite and more than willing to help us! We own two timeshares with Fairfield and have said for years that this place is the best kept secret...maybe I shouldn't promote it so much! Also, one must eat at The Malt Shoppe...the malts and hamburgers are old-fashion kind and yummy!

Date of stay: July 2004
19  Thank Scenic14791
Reviewed January 3, 2006

My family and I went to the Fairfield in Pagosa Springs and were very pleased. Our one bedroom condo had every cooking item you could possibly need stocked in the kitchen. We got the room at a great price so I was a little nervous before arriving, but I was very impressed by the Fairfield. We visited the recreation center which was very nice also. The facility was nice and updated. Not run down. The staff was friendly and very courteous. I can't find one thing to complain about Fairfield "Teal Landing". Wish we could have stayed longer.

Date of stay: December 2005