“New Management and a New Menu at The Villa -- As Of 10/18/17”

The Villa at Palmer Lake
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Palmer Lake
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Palmer Lake, CO
Reviewed November 10, 2017

There have been several incarnations of The Villa at Palmer Lake over the years. The building that had housed various versions of "The Villa", most recently housed a restaurant called "The Sundance". The Sundance only lasted about 1-1/2 months.

Now the building again houses a new version of The Villa. And, yes, they do feature Italian entrees (including pizza). But it is a whole NEW menu -- not the same as the Sundance -- not the same as prior versions of The Villa. So, in order to read about the restaurant that exists now, ignore any reviews or menus that date prior to 10/18/17. Also the days/times open may be incorrect for some sites.

We visited on 11/2/17 for dinner. My dinner companion had the Lasagna; I had the Baked Wild Mushroom Gnocchi. Both were very good and were generous in size. We took some of each home for lunch the next day. No salads, bread, or other sides come with the entrees but are available a la carte. We also shared an order of the Zeppole dessert. Super yummy!

We did have one small problem but servers and the manager jumped in immediately to correct it. (A crack in a dish which occurred just after the entree was served.) They also went above-and-beyond by offering a complementary dessert. Things happen -- and so nice when a restaurant responds well!

We ate in the main dining room (fireplace, tablecloths, quiet setting . . .) but there are also more informal areas for dining. We will return.

Reviewed November 4, 2017

The Villa closed last year, was briefly another restaurant, and now it's the Villa again as of about 3 weeks ago. Ate there last weekend, sat at the bar because the bar area was reserved. You can tell they're still working out the flow - was about 5 minutes before anyone addressed me even though the young guy with big glasses (manager?) looked right at me several times, then prompted the bar waitress to take care of me. The lasagna was good (not great), but I had to send it back because it was cool in the middle. Even when it came back, it was not hot. But, they were apologetic, open to feedback that it needed to be heated differently, and comped me a salad which was very good. I think once they get their rhythm down and work out the issues in the kitchen it will be very good.

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

Looking for good Italian close to home so was excited to try the Villa. Arrived on Friday night a little before 6. Restaurant was 1/3 to 1/2 empty but waited 50 minutes for two bowls of pasta. $14 to $16 seemed overpriced for what we got. Alfredo was just noodles and sauce. No chicken. No bread. No salad. Flavors were just okay. Very disappointed.

1  Thank carol v
Reviewed October 27, 2017

My wife and I stopped by for dinner the other night and were pleasantly surprised with the food. Apparently the original owner has returned and it is evident with the excellent food!

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

I went here a few days ago for dinner and I ordered the ziti dish. I tried it and it was terrible bit since I was hungry, i ate most of it. The other dishes we ordered were also terrible. We ordered pizza and the crust smelt like sewage. We also ordered spaghetti and meatballs and we asked for light sauce. The pasta came out and was drown in sauce! Overall, do not come here if you want to be comfortable and want good food.

3  Thank Rhone P