“Autumn afternoon lunch”

Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Palmer Lake
Price range: US$10 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Palmer Lake, CO. Perfect venue for all private parties, weddings, rehearsal dinners, showers, etc. This Italian Gastropub has a unique hand crafted menu moderately priced. Gluten Free and Vegetarian options available
Reviewed October 9, 2018

Wonderful tasting (and massive) pizza and very, very good soup was just what we needed after a cool, brisk walk around Palmer Lake. Everything was tasty - including the leftover pizza consumed during weekend football watching.
Service was spotty - slow and the bowls of soup (we ordered cups) were delivered after the pizza. It all worked out well, however, with a casual, comfortable atmosphere allowing us to laugh it off.

Reviewed September 28, 2018

It's been a few years since we last ate at The Villa; it used to be a great restaurant, then became a disappointing one, and is now back to being good again, under new management. We dined on an evening packed with high school kids celebrating homecoming and had to accept seats at the bar. It turned into a great choice. We chatted with the hostess, chatted with our knowledgeable barkeep, and chatted with one of the owners. All were friendly, helpful, and attentive. We started with a calamari appetizer and were surprised to find it was more a salad than a traditional calamari appetizer, but we quickly cleaned the plate savoring every delicious bite. The Osso Buco had wonderful layers of flavor and I was offered bread to sop up the sauce; it would have been nice to have had bread offered at the beginning of the meal. My wife's chicken piccata was served over pasta and there was enough to take an ample portion home for a tasty lunch. The wine selection was satisfactory for a restaurant this size and affordable. We were disappointed that the dessert menu was very limited and a bit odd -- what Italian restaurant offers Key Lime Pie but not Tiramisu? That was almost worthy of a downgrade, but we enjoyed the evening so much that we think it deserves a solid recommendation.

Reviewed September 27, 2018

I recently revisited The Villa after a hiatus of many years. This was the one of the best, upscale Italian restaurants in the county years ago. However, it has changed hands a number of times and is definitely a different place these days. They really seem to push pizzas ahead of their other dishes which are no longer limited to Italian. I was in a large party so saw a variety of dishes which most seemed to like. My immediate group ordered the lasagna and we all enjoyed it. Maybe it is just me but $16 for a dish of lasagna with no bread or salad seems a bit stiff. One of the others had a cajun dish which was of moderate size and spicy, but with not other sides for $22. Burgers were $14. I guess if you really wanted a salad, you order one for $5-$10. Like I said, very upscale prices but not in an upscale setting.
While I enjoyed the lasagna, it is the first time I have eaten Italian without bread. Even Fazolis provides bread sticks.
Will I return with family? probably not.

Reviewed September 27, 2018

It is sad that the Villa used to be a great restaurant and is now little more than a pizza place with nice rooms. I had lasagna and the others had a variety of entrees. Nobody seemed happy with the meal except those with pizzas. There was no bread on the table (an Italian place with no bread??) and a salad was not included in the $16 entree which was served very hot in a baking dish on a small slab of granite or something similar. Very unappealing presentation. The lasagna was just okay, and tasted like a frozen lasagna to me.

I certainly won't have any reason to ever go back unless or until ownership changes again. I would rate the experience as "terrible" except that the server was very nice and prompt about keeping the glasses full.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

We had a Puttanesca Pizza, substituting red onion out for artichoke hearts in...SUPERB!!
Matt, the owner served us and made it really special by explaining many of the changes they had instituted.
Great place...COME VISIT!! Fit for foodies and while not extensive, he has a very good selection of wines for almost any taste!