All reviews rooms are spacious dirt road the hotel manager swimming pool within walking distance psili ammos stunning views yogurt olga comfort hill beaches chora architecture island cyclades port
Reviewed August 24, 2018

Beautiful hotel with nice views, spacious rooms and super friendly staff! A nice pool bar and restaurant offer something to eat, while enjoying the lovely views. Definitely recommend it, especially the suites with the private pool!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2018

The hotel is on the top of a hill from where it is possible to see both the port and the Chora. It's 5 minutes car ride from the port but most of the road is a dirt road.
The hotel is nicely furnished and built in the cycladic style.
The hotel manager, Olga, is great and does all her best to make the guest feel at comfort, and she was very much flexible with our booking and our questions.
Our room was the one with the pool, which also has two bathrooms and a wonderful and big terrace, where you can lie on sunbeds and enjoy the pool. We haven't seen the other rooms inside, but they have a much smaller balcony.
Breakfast is very good for quantity and variety of food. Everything is high quality and the staff timely refills the buffet.
Overall, the place is definitely the best in Serifos, for position and quality, and we do recommend it for whoever decides to come to Serifos.
Beside all those nice things, and the big efforts of the current management, the only area of improvement could be the service. It seems that the hotel is not yet there where it aspires to be. If you spend a certain amount of money, you'd also expect a kind of special service, like afternoon room service, like not having to pick up the cutlery and arrange your table for breakfast, like that when someone comes in your terrace knocks the door, or that you are at least phoned before a video recording with a drone is done above your terrace. These are definitely small things which do not affect our overall judgement but we felt like raising it for other travellers.

Room Tip: the one with pool
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2018

It was clear to us that the management and owner of this place were only interested in making money and not at all interested in the guests. The staff was rude and the owner even more so. Not worth the money at all.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank MusicOfNana
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Pros: smart well appointed rooms with stunning views, helpful and friendly staff, excellent food from Ilias the chef and his team, two great undeveloped beaches within walking distance.

Cons: 20-25 min walk into the port (the closest place to the hotel) along an unlit and largely unsealed road. The walk back up the hill at night can be a killer! Very few taxis on the island. Recommend renting a car in advance for your stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GARETH B
Reviewed September 10, 2017

The physical environment of the hotel is fine and as described as other guests. Unfortunately, the owner and manager are unable to put themselves in the shoes of the guests – an essential requirement if they are to provide the essential ingredient of a welcoming environment and a positive guest experience.

My experience got off to a bad start when I pre-booked a rental car through the hotel for collection at the port. The manager met me at the port and drove me the 20 meters to the car rental office. She then gave me directions for the hotel and left me to make my way there in the car. For whatever reason, I couldn’t find the hotel, and after 30 minutes search, I called her on my cellphone. Someone trained in the hospitality business would have 1) commiserated, and 2) done whatever was needed to help me get to the hotel – maybe offer to go out and look for me. Instead, I received a lecture on the quality of her instructions and the hotel signposting. I arrived, and suggested that in future similar situations she bring guests a map. Instead of accepting my suggestion in the constructive way in which it was given, she told me that everything was all right now. With respect, it is the hotelier’s job to ascertain whether, not to announce that things are all right.

Things got worse in the afternoon. The hotel presents itself as a high-end boutique hotel. It is standard for such hotels to provide beach towels. When I requested towels, I was told in a sullen take it or leave it tone that they were not provided. After a lot of waiting, towels were eventually produced, along with a demand - later waived - for an exorbitant charge.

Breakfast was no better. Invariably Greek high-end boutique hotels serve freshly squeezed orange juice. What was served at breakfast had not seen an orange tree in many months, if ever. Eventually, freshly squeezed juice was provided, along with another attempted charge. While all this was going on, the wasps were gathering round my used plates, with no attempt by the server, who was not otherwise gainfully employed, to offer to clear the plates.

I then went off to speak to the manager and owner. I wrote out a list of issues, including the above. A hospitality professional would listen attentively to the guest, and attempt to accommodate him. It really doesn’t matter whether the manager agrees – the goal should be to secure a positive guest experience. Instead, each point was argued over, with threats of litigation if I publicized my experience. The breakfast service improved on subsequent days, but by then, you could really sense the hostility.

The hotel takes Amex. When I went to pay, I offered my Amex card. They asked if I would use another card. I asked why. They explained that Amex charged higher merchant fees. I sympathized, but explained that they had made a commercial decision to take Amex, that other cards offered a worse exchange rate and that the higher fees were not really my problem.

All this is very sad. The physical environment is just great. But it takes more than a physical environment to create a great guest experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple