All reviews the blue room ponderosa room hot tub hiking trail the main house stuffed french toast private bathroom close to town great hosts b bs common areas inn keepers salida area back porch each morning views of the mountains fresh fruit
Reviewed November 1, 2017

Wish I had read an honest review about this place. We didn't even get past getting directions and decided it was not safe to stay here. Lots of rules and forms to sign parceled out at the owners convenience. It was not at all welcoming. We made our reservation 2 days in advance for a Saturday night halloween fundraiser in Salida. Upon making the reservations, I was given many rules. I was then sent a lengthy email adding more rules, specifically about cleaning. When I called for directions, I was sent to the website instead of given an address or directions that were not on the email. Nor was a cancellation policy. While on the phone with the receptionist, I decided to ask about the additional cleaning mentioned in the email and was told to wipe up tooth paste, toilet seats and sweep. This, for a one night stay in a chalet that sleeps 6! Just what I wanted to do during my 24 hours in Salida. Clean a chalet. This also made me question whether the chalet was professionally cleaned or if it was cleaned like this by the previous guest. I asked about that and was given a very ambiguous response. I was also told on this phone call, that we would need to sign 3 forms before checking in. At this point, 2 hours before the 2 hour check in window, which also created unneeded pressure, we decided to cancel. It felt like if we didn't clean to their satisfaction, we would be charged extra. It all just felt very sketchy and like nothing we have ever experienced before. We are very seasoned travelers for work and family and stay in airbnbs, vrbos and hotels all the time. We shared this feedback privately with the owners and they proceeded to argue with us and tell us they were going to charge us a full nights stay. When I followed up with an e mail, they sent me a lengthy e mail with a cancellation policy. First time seeing this. We plan to ask our bank to reverse the charge and we will be posting these warnings on all the lodging websites. May this review prevent others from having the terrible experience we had. We breathed such a sigh of relief when we finally landed in our Baymont Inn suite in Salida. Phew!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravelwithEase123
Reviewed October 11, 2017

We stayed two nights to celebrate a birthday weekend. One of our party uses a wheelchair and chalet #5 was perfect for us. The ground floor bedroom was what we needed and the enormous bathroom had room to set up the service dog's crate. Everything about the unit made us feel at home. We like to prepare breakfast in rather than go out and found everything we needed in the kitchen. We used the gas grill to prepare steaks for dinner and it worked very well. I liked the quiet location just a bit outside of town. If you are sleeping upstairs in the loft, pack a sleep mask because the heat comes from the gas fireplace in the living room and that means a bit of a glow from below. There is also a large picture window that has excellent mountain views on the same level as the loft that brings in a lot of light as the sun rises. I would love to go back.

Room Tip: Chalet #5 is the only one set up to accommodate wheelchairs, so be sure to let them know when you book if you require that feature.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2017

We love to come to Salida from Denver a few times a year and this is the first time at the Tudor Rose. We decided to stay in the Chalet because they allowed dogs. We had an amazing time and so did our dogs! They have a off leash area that is huge! One of the best parts about our stay was the fact that they were so close to Salida, not even 5 minutes) The owners of the B&B were probably the best part, so friendly!
We plan on coming back, maybe bringing some friends next time. Thank you for a great weekend!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2017

We spent three days in the Salida, Colorado area staying in the Henry Tudor suite in the main house of the Tudor Rose B&B. We found the B&B quite comfortable with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating for guests. Our suite, which was quite spacious, included a true hot tub, a double sink vanity, walk-in shower, fireplace and mini-fridge. Guests sign up for one of two breakfast seatings so as to accomodate both early and late risers. The food was quite good and we appreciated large serving dishes of assorted fruit from which guests could take as much or as little as they liked. Terre' is an accomplished cook and her breakfasts were delicious and filling. I rarely see live indoor plants in B&Bs, but these innkeepers have a wonderful collection of beautiful jade plants that fill the windows and provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2017

B&B was comfortable and quiet and very clean, and the hosts were courteous. Breakfast was good. My only issue was that the coffee was not as good a quality as you would expect in a B&B . Normally you get locally roasted coffee beans. I think this may be because it is made in a big coffee maker, and if it sits too long, it gets bitter. I would suggest they make coffee in a normal size coffee maker, and then make a fresh pot for breakfast. It was nice to have coffee ready at 6 am - Thanks, Jon, we really appreciated that.
Both rooms we were in had a comfortable chair to sit and read. The White Water room did not have a desk to work at, but it did have ensuite bathroom. The Lancaster room had a nice table to work on, and you have a private bathroom but you have to go out in the hall to use it. Also, the room was a bit dark, needs a light on the fan.

Salida has several good restaurants. We tried Shallots, which Jon recommended, and it was excellent. 216 Ferraro's had great lasagne, they even had vegetarian lasagne!
Both these restaurants were closed on Sunday night, however.

There are beautiful hiking trails not far from the B&B. We hiked South Fooses Creek Trail and a old road from O'Haver Lake Campground, that is gated off and goes West along Grays Creek.

We would stay here again next time we are in Salida.

Room Tip: We liked the White Water Room, because it has a nice view out the window.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple