See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 23, 2018

We spent 3 nights in this motel. The managers have just changed and the new young team just started a month ago.
This motel is a nice, little place where we felt almost like at home. The motel is easy to find in Salida. Wallmart, bank, restaurants are not far. Rooms have all what you need, including free wifi. And the price are very affordable. There is no restaurant within the motel itself. However a little breakfast is available in a cosy little room with coffee, donughts, tea, and fresh fruits (highly appreciated).
If you are looking for a high luxurious hotel, this is not the appropriate place to come to. BUT, it offers all what you need, it has a very cosy, family-like atmosphere, and the generosity and flexibility of the managers and their staff is worth thousand time a luxurious fancy hotel room.
The managers were very kind to help us any time. We appreciated this at lot.
The American Classic Inn is exactly what we needed!
Great thanks to the managers and their staff!
If I come back to the region, I surely would stay here again.
Doms

Room Tip: very easy accessibility (ground floor) and just across the reception, so the managers are quickly accessible
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Swissdoms
Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

I recently rented rooms here for myself/employees. The new owners were in the middle of setting up new systems/technically closed. Booked us rooms anyway. Awesome customer service. Classic motel. Open your door to a view of the mountains and not a hallway. We will be back on site in about a week and will staying here again.
Brian S

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank brianbds1
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at some dives before but this is top two for the worst, dirty, hair in between the sheets (slept on top of covers), no dogs or smoking but the carpet looks like they just made the rule before we got there. I didn't even take my shoes off. No coffee in the room, no breakfast, and thought i had bugs on me all night. Last resort if you can't sleep in your car. Gave two stars for parking at your door and giving a flat rate for cash

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

Despite advertising the jacuzzi on multiple sites, the thing HASN'T WORKED in at least 4 years! That's the tip of the iceburg. From towels with barely enough fabric to even call a towel, to the owner's insistence that I pay an extra $10 for a checking-out at 10:30 am, this place shouldn't be listed as a motel, but a place to die. Please believe the reviews! They're all right.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2017

I wish I had spent a few more bucks and stayed at a nicer place. The room was the quality of a $20-40 place. The room was the dirtiest I've had in a long time. The towels were thin and worn. The pillows were so bad that I used my backpacking pillow instead.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo