3 people are viewing this hotel
US$177
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$194
US$159
Priceline
US$177
Hotels.comUS$159
Official SiteUS$159
Trip.comUS$194
All reviews hot tub bagels hard boiled eggs one night stay bed was comfortable new owners monarch motel cottage microwave fireplace sofa highway bedding rates lodging
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2018

I called and made my reservation morning of my stay, sight-unseen and based on TA reviews. I had a very specific request for my room and was assured several times it would be no problem. When I arrived, that was not the case. This was off-season and not a holiday weekend, so I asked if I could cancel and find different accommodations. I was told no (by the surly desk clerk) and when I asked to change my reservation to just one night instead of two (so I could find something that would work better for me,) I was then told that due to their cancellation policies, that was not possible. (The hotel was not full either night I was there.) He could move me to another room...for an up-charge. In retrospect, I should have stood my ground and asked to speak with the owner. The room was clean, except for the bathroom floor, which obviously hadn't been mopped or swept. (Food debris, bobby pins, etc.) Poor customer service experience and never encountered anyone there who ever smiled or said hello, aside from the issues above. Won't be back.

Room tip: Rooms facing front are on busy street. It you want something quieter, ask for something in back.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Hotcanary,
My name is Mike, the owner of Salida Inn & "Monarch Suites". I just read your review and I am sorry you had such a bad experience.
I have a big favor to ask you.Are you absolutely positive you stayed at my hotel and not the Salida Inn and Suites. My hotel is Salida Inn and "Monarch" Suites. The Salida Inn & Suites is the old Hampton Inn. They lost the Hampton Flag last year and reopened just after the first of this year under the new name which is very similar to ours. Since they opened with the new name, there has been a lot of confusion among the general public. Your review sounds a lot like most of the reviews on them and nothing like our reviews. It especially sounds like them from the poor customer service standpoint and from the cleanliness standpoint. We have dozens of reviews that rave about our customer service and how spotless our rooms are. The girl who does our breakfast every day, Melissa is always smiling and is mentioned in several reviews for her warmth and friendliness. We always upgrade people at no charge when rooms are available. On TA, the Hampton is still listed and all the way at the bottom of the page is Salida Inn and Suites with only 2 reviews. Up near the top at number 3 is my hotel, Salida Inn and Monarch Suites. Many people have told us they read our reviews and then mistakenly booked that hotel. Luckily most catch the mistake and cancel and then book here. TA recently had a View Deal tab for Cheap Tickets next to our hotel, but when it was clicked on Cheap Tickets brought up the other hotel.
We have had more than a dozen guests book a room here and when they drive into town from the east, the first large hotel they come to has big canvas banners over the Hampton sign. The banners say Salida Inn and Suites. They stop there because all they remember is Salida Inn. Without telling these folks that they do not have a reservation there, they take their drivers license and credit card and make a new reservation and check them in. The guests don't realize their mistake until afterwards when they see a charge from us, Salida Inn & Monarch Suites for the no show.
If it was my hotel you stayed at, Can I ask you to please tell me what room you were in and what the date of your reservation was. If you don't remember exactly, tell me the month so I can look into this. I just ran a search through my Property Management System from Jan. this year to now and I have not had a guest from Springfield Mo. here at my hotel this year.
Thanx,
Mike, Owner

Reviewed May 31, 2018

My husband rarely joins me in the review process but his overwhelming enthusiasm for our stay here moved him to say “This is one of the best rooms in which I have slept. The furniture is excellent. The space is comfortable and well designed and the place feels like I’m in someone’s home. The decor has a western charm.” We had no idea what to expect in this little cottage but were more than pleasantly surprised and impressed. The place is clean and comfortable. The location on highway 50 is within a quick car ride to just about anyplace in Salida. This is not our first time in Salida and we have stayed at a variety of places on our visits. However, we have decided that this will be our number one choice for any future trips.

Date of stay: May 2018
SalidaInn, Owner at Salida Inn & Monarch Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2018

Renee F,

Reviewed May 29, 2018

We enjoyed our clean and very comfortable suite with tasteful decor.
The friendly staff cheerfully meet our needs.
We enjoyed our visit here very much and would recommend Salida Inn and Monarch Suites to our friends. Thank you so much to Jay and Melissa for making our visit so pleasant.

Room tip: Choose a Suite.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Myra,
Thank your for your High 5 rating of our little motel, the Salida Inn & Monarch Suites. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we will all look forward to your return one day. Jay & Melissa thank you for mentioning them in your review. They both get a bonus now. A bonus I wish I could give our more often.

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Another kinda old school motel along the highway. Clean, safe, good prices. Check in was easy and fast. Room was clean and well appointed although needs some updating. Location is pretty good. About a mile from old town Salida. I guess there’s a pool and hot tub but didn’t see it. Also has direct tv so I could watch the hockey game tonight. Go bolts!!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Mjenks
Thank your for your High 5 rating of our little motel, the Salida Inn & Monarch Suites. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we will all look forward to your return one day. I wish I new what you mean by "needs some updating" as the entire property has been updated with in the last 3 years. Feel free to email me at the hotel and share your thoughts. Glad you liked our new Direct TV. I was tired of having Cable go out a dozen times a year.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

As a GM of a Marriott, I can be pretty critical. This place is amazing. One of the cleanest places I've ever stayed. It's newly remodeled beautifully. The heart that has gone into it shows. From the ownership that is hands on to the housekeeping that takes pride in the place, you will not be disappointed. Special shout out to Jay and Melissa. Thank you for making my mother's day one to remember.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 13lTT

Diana,
Thank you so very much for your review of our little motel the Salida Inn and Monarch Suites. When the GM from another hotel, esply a Marriott gives us a High 5, I know we are doing something right. Thanx for the Shout out to Jay & Melissa. They will be pleased you recognized there efforts.
Have a great day and hopefully we will see you again one day soon. As a GM, I am sure you need lots of vacations :).