1,172 results
All reviews super salida ski package fire pit hot springs room was clean pet area dog park indoor pool aquatic center lift tickets waffles in town staff was very friendly and helpful monarch mountain visit salida definitely stay here again great place to stay
Reviewed September 21, 2018

I'm astonished that people can rate this a great hotel. This hotel caters to contractors that surely get a much better rate than I paid. It is near impossible to find a parking spot and the contractors commercial vehicles make negotiating the parking lot more difficult than hiking the CDT. The contractors took over the grill and fire pit area during my arrival and while checking in one of them asked if it was OK to use the grill. Meanwhile they had been using it for quite some time as the aroma was already quite strong. The spa tubs are a joke! That must have been a great photographer or from a different location. Two of three were closed and the one open had two jets operational and barely large enough for two people! The indoor pool looked OK, albeit some of the sliding glass doors appeared to be sealed with duct tape. I inquired about passes for the Salida Hot Springs center and was informed that we had them during the busy summer, but not now. Is it possible to request additional ones? The staff is the only reason I give this place any stars as they were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, the bed significantly too soft for my back and me. Many of the hotels in Salida are 2 star hotels and along a busy road, although road noise was not an issue for me. Unsure if I would stay here again. Apparently good place to stay with pets as I saw more dogs in 2 days then I have in months. The pool and pathetic hot tubs are in the middle of the parking lot contributing to the parking problem. And if I can review any on the restaurants, they would get zero stars for hospitality. Apparently if you aren't a local, good luck getting a table unless you eat before 4 pm. Sad when Sonic, Dominos and McD's are you only options after 8 pm even on a weekend. Bars and restaurants were busy, just extremely unfriendly, especially Fritz and Gnar. Gladly spend my dollars in another town.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank HotQuescene
AdamMSmock, General Manager at Loyal Duke Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

HotQuescene,

Thank you for your feedback. I wanted to apologize for what you experienced at our property. I definitely cannot begin to make up for the circumstances you faced. There was a construction project happening downtown and thus the influx of construction crews. We ourselves are about to go through a renovation and going to address many of the items you mentioned. There is no excuse, but we purchased the property in May and have scheduled this renovation after those busy summer months in order to focus on the items you mentioned. We did already purchase more passes for the hot springs and I am embarassed that we did not have them for your convenience. We are bringing in brand new hot tubs within the next couple of weeks and will be making some enhancements to the overall pool area and sliding glass doors. We will also be expanding upon our grill and firepit area and our front patio (trailhead). Finally, we will be improving our guestrooms with new paint, removing of the carpet and changing out light fixtures.. I apologize that the timing wasn't right as you came right in the middle of our transition. However, if you decide to come back please give me a personal call and I will make sure you are taken care of. I appreciate the comments about our staff and I want to make sure when you come back the product matches that level of service. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

Such a great motel! We drove in and they had a family room still available. Three queen beds kept the teenage siblings happy. Right next to the outdoor patio, which concerned us, but the group there left early and quietly. Great recommendations from the staff for the local area. We would definately stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your comments. It was great having you at our property and we can't wait to see you again. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

Nice staff and breakfast for this moderately priced place. Good location and nice staff at the front desk. Night clerk also very accommodating. However, the cleanliness of the rooms was not good. Also, need to be remodeled. But again good value for the price

Date of stay: September 2018
AdamMSmock, General Manager at Loyal Duke Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

Mtn3girl,

Thank you for your feedback. We definitely appreciate the comments about our staff, breakfast, and location. We are concerned about the cleanliness of the room. We are about to undergo a renovation this next month to upgrade the overall wear of our rooms and give a little more modern feel but we never skimp on cleanliness. We would like to make sure any issues are addressed so if you don't mind giving us a call we wanted to see where we can improve. Please feel free to give us a call at the hotel and ask for Adam, General Manager.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

The staff is very friendly, but the facilities fall short. I asked for a quiet room, but some kind of industrial appliance kept cycling off and on throughout the night. Especially loud between 3 and 4 a.m. Breakfast bar is in the size of a closet, so that two people getting something to eat are shoulder to shoulder. Most of the guests were contractors, so the place to eat was packed solid. Next time in town I think I'll try someplace else.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback. We wanted to apologize for the location of your room and the noise. We typically do not have any major equipment running at night so we will definitely be keeping our ear out for what that could have been. In regards to the breakfast, we will be renovating this fall and completely changing the setup of our lobby as well as expanding some of our outdoor seating areas. There is a current project happening in town that is on a tight deadline so there have been some crews at our property. We will be doing further enhancements to our guest rooms and outdoor social areas in the next couple of months as well. We hope you will give us another chance when those changes have been made and you can see the true enhancements.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Clean simple hotel. Nothing fancy about this place at all but the friendly helpful staff make all the difference.
Our room was basic hotel fare but appeared to have been recently painted and linens where clean and crisp
Basic free breakfast. Not a five star breakfast but plenty of coffee, cereal, fresh fruit and waffles are enough to fuel for a day of adventure in the surrounding mountains.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the comments about our staff and pride ourselves in our customer service. We are about to commence a renovation this fall and will be upgrading some of the aspects of the room as well as a full renovation of our lobby. We hope to welcome you back when our improvements have been made and hopefully get a 5 star review. We look forward in seeing you again in the future.