Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$149
Hotels.comUS$149
Expedia.comUS$149
Comfort InnUS$149
Agoda.comUS$149
ZenHotels.comUS$164
All reviews front desk choice hotels great stay yogurt hot breakfast elevator inns clerk
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2020

I stay at comfort Inns probably 20 times a year. Sadly I think the quality of the hotel chain has been deteriorating lately.

This stay started out on a sour note. The clerk really wasn’t friendly and it almost seemed like we were interrupting something when we checked in. She also wasn't wearing a mask.

We were also informed that there was no breakfast offered at all. WTF? The website says they offered hot breakfast. All the other hotels we stayed at this week provided some sort of breakfast whether grab n go or delivery, or cooked to order take out. This was a disappointment and I noticed there was no adjustment to the rate either. It turns out there was some sort of Pop up add on the booking site that said something like “some services may not be available” or something like that, but every other hotel managed to do it so I was not happy.

The room had a slightly musty smell. Not mold or anything, just old. The room appeared clean otherwise

The TV was medium sized and had OK channels.

The AC was a little weak, but did cool the room down. (it was like 92F outside so…)

The bed was OK.

The room lighting was OK

There were a few outlets in the room.
There was a fridge in the room.

The nicest thing about this hotel was the pool. It was a salt water pool so easy on the eyes. Clean too.

Sleep quality was fine. The hotel was quiet.

Overall I guess the hotel itself wasn’t bad, but it didn’t seem up to the standards I had always associated with Comfort Inn. Sadly, it looked like the competition (Hampton Inn) down the road had gone out of business so not a lot of choices.

Date of stay: August 2020
Bella Styles, Guest Services / Front Office at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2020

Scuba Dave,

Thank you for your feed back I am very sorry your check in experience was less than. We appreciate your business and would like another opportunity to get it right. My name is Bella I am the hotel Manager and I am usually the only one not wearing a mask I have disabilities that prevent me from wearing one However, I keep my distance from any guest I see getting close and when any employee is behind the plexi glass they are not required to wear a mask. I will have a chat with the person who checked you in and make sure the next time we see you feel welcomed. On behalf of the entire staff here at the Comfort Inn in Salida, Co we hope to see you soon take care..

Reviewed August 17, 2020

It’s true, no breakfast offerings AT ALL. Not pre-packaged muffins or yogurts or cereal boxes. For the price, I find that outrageous. Our room was at the top of the stairs however the elevator was at the opposite furthest end. Once in the room, there were no coffee pods, no coffee cups. The breakfast coffee was orange-brown and not black and completely undrinkable, so to have some terrible coffee in the room would have been an improvement. The room itself was fine, the bath towels were soft, so I rated this average.

Reviewed August 11, 2020 via mobile

We stay in a LOT of Choice Hotels (Platinum members)— this is the most we’ve EVER paid — and it was the same hotel you get anywhere else! Well, in some instances, less!

Of course because of CoVid, there was no breakfast or anything — but still paid out the nose for this hotel! I would think by now (5 months into this stupid virus), hotels could figure out how to serve SOMETHING for breakfast. Many at least have stuff you can take back to your room!

Our view — someone’s private back patio - less than 50’ out our window! I’d rather look at a board fence than someone’s private house and patio!

The tiny fridge didn’t even have a freezer, which we normally use to recharge ice packs!

The TV reception was next to nothing! All local networks were “unavailable - something is wrong, sorry for the inconvenience”, as were at least half of the other channels!

Definitely won’t stay here again!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2020

This was a very nice hotel of the price listed. ur stop here happened to be our laundry stop. They had 2 washers and d dryers in good working order and in a clean laundry room. The WIFI was good. There was the COVID sack breakfast and coffee available.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed June 9, 2020

This is seriously the WORST hotel I've ever experienced in my life of travel! The hotel itself is run down and NOT CLEAN! Even during the COVID-19. I went thru several rooms to select the best of the worst from a basic sniff test and most of them stunk beyond tolerable. Since it was after 10pm and all the other hotels in this small town were shut down, I had no choice but to take a room. Once I got into the room and had a closer look, I saw that the sheets were wrinkled and used and the bathroom had not been cleaned AT ALL, just the towels had been changed. The faucets were filthy, there was urine on the toilet seat and the shower was obviously used. I spoke to the front desk person who verified that their housekeeping staff was whittled down to only 2 people who were not the most efficient. DURING A PANDEMIC!!!!?? I asked him for cleaner which he obliged and I cleaned that entire room myself before I could sleep in it. The next morning there was no breakfast according to the COVID-19, even tho other hotels offered at least a piece of fruit and their computer did not work. The morning front desk person acknowledged all their short-comings and said my stay would most likely be comped. I asked her to have her manger call me to discuss, while my charges remained in place. THREE DAYS go by with no contact from the manager and she (Bella) finally calls me with a hostile attitude and refuses to give me any refund. I sent her pictures I took that are attached of the unclean bathroom, which she dismissed as nothing significant. WAIT, it gets better... she then proceeds to mutilate my bank account and just for giggles charges me random amounts over the next week that add up to over $200. I then find out she is only the Manager because the GM/OWNER is having surgery and not available. I demand that she refund the fraudulent charges and she starts a weeks' worth of hate mails and denial that no adult professional would send for any reason. FINALLY her website support staff acknowledge her mistakes that she screwed up and I am infact due a refund of the fraudulent charges. So far she has only given me some of them but still refuses to to give me a full refund because "we had to pay housekeeping to clean the room after your stay." They never cleaned it in the first place!!! NEVER GO TO THIS HOTEL!! They are incompetent and unprofessional. I checked out on 5/27/20 and here it is June 9 and I'm still dealing with their nonsense.

Date of stay: May 2020