1,692 results
All reviews ocean view st augustine short drive across the bridge quiet area third floor nice pool hot tub very nice hotel old town king bed beach access publix elevator balcony inns microwave
Reviewed January 16, 2018

We stayed there for 3 nights to explore St. Augustine. I had reservations for a room with two beds but they had accidently given away all rooms with two beds and we had to take a room with one bed but were able to change to a room with two beds the next day.
Hotel staff was very nice besides the problem with the room.
Breakfast was not yummy compared what they now serve at other hotels, the quality of the breakfast food was even not as good as in other Hampton Inns that I had stayed at.
But the rooms were very clean!
The area nearby the hotel was a little shabby. The beach is less then a quarter mile away, but besides that there is not much nice stuff nearby. It was nice that a Publix was across the street.
It is too far to walk to downtown St. Augustine if you considered to do that.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Joey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Dear Rennmaus111,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I regret that we did not have the room type you reserved available for the first night of your stay. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and our service to be good!

I would greatly appreciate any details you can share about what items you liked and disliked at our breakfast and anything you expected there that we did not deliver. Please, reach out to me directly if convenient.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you!

Reviewed January 10, 2018

We almost always stay at a Hampton inn, so we have come to expect a certain level of standards for our expectations. While our first impressions were good (the outside and lobby looked really nice), we were quickly disappointed. The bathroom is runned down and looks a bit dirty. It seems like the housekeeping does not care about the appearance and cleanliness.

The staff had been very pleasant and helpful, so that's a plus.

Also, we were excited to see a hot tub that we could use since the pool is outdoors and unheated. However, the first time we tried to use it, we soon realized it was being heated at too high of a temperature. Much greater than the maximum of 104 degrees, as the sign listed. We told one of the staff and he said it was because it was cold out that it felt too hot. He said he would send someone to check on it none the less. The next night we tried to use the hot tub again, as we thought it was turned down and would cool off by that time. Sadly, we found the same problem. The hot tub both times was too hot to use. It was so scolding hot that it should be called a burn tub, not a hot tub. We are used to hot tubs being hot (as the name indicates), but we have never experienced one that was so scolding hot that you could not become accustomed to the heat.

Additionally, while the hotel provides free breakfast, the food was rather terrible. The first morning was alright, but not great. The second morning the sausage was so gross we had to throw it away. The eggs were bland and rubbery.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Rachel W,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback on our amenities. I regret that you experienced issues with your bathroom, our hot tub and breakfast. I took your concern about the temperature of the hot tub to our engineer and we have it within our optimal 100 - 104 F range. We will continue to monitor this for any fluctuations.

I have also shared your concerns with your bathroom with our housekeeping team. If there are any additional details you could share I would appreciate it. In addition, any feedback you would be willing to share on breakfast items you would prefer would be most welcomed.

We hope to have another opportunity to earn your loyalty!

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Not up to Hampton Standards, the outside of the hotel looks beautiful and very upscale, but the rooms look like a house where the owner has not keep up with repairs and updates. I always stay in Hamptons but if I didn't know better I would not have believed I was in a Hampton. To top it off the hot tub was extremely, extremely hot. My adult daughter and I could not get into it. When I asked that they fix it for the following day I was told it had to be hot to keep the bacteria down. I know hot tubs, this one was hotter than any I have ever been in. I know it was over the 104 degrees that the sign said it was.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eileen C

Dear Eileen C,

Thank you for being our guest and for letting us know about your stay. I regret that you experienced issues with your room and with the hot tub. I checked the temperature of the hot tub with our engineer and we got a reading of 104 F. However, we will continue to monitor it in case there are any fluctuations.

I would be glad to address any issues you saw in your room if you could share the details with me. Please, reach out to me directly when convenient.

We hope to have another opportunity to earn your loyalty.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

This Hampton Inn was an unexpected delight. The room was nice and the location was fantastic. Was able to see partial view of beach. The hotel had a little age on it, but it was very clean.
The only issue was shower was very slow to drain. Hate that...

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Joey M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine - Vilano Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Dear jwelch3,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your visit, but regret that you experienced an issue with your drain. I have addressed this with our maintenance team so that you will not have that experience in future stays.

We hope to have another opportunity to serve you!

Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

I found my room to be very spacious and well kept. I think this is an older Hampton as USB plugs would have been beneficial and more plugs in the room. Staff was phenomenal as well as the breakfast. I arrived late at night and hotel was kind of hard to find since it’s off the main road. Otherwise a superb stay and would stay again!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear Runarndgtndizzy,

We are thrilled that you chose our hotel for your visit to St. Augustine! Thank you for your review and your feedback on our opportunities for more USB outlets. We are always looking for ways we can enhance our guests' experience.

We look forward to serving you again, soon!