“Never stay here again! you get what you pay for and less!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
1st Inn Silverthorne
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
Thornton, Colorado
“Never stay here again! you get what you pay for and less!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

We went with this room as a last resort! My wife used to clean rooms before and she noticed bed linen hadn't been changed. They had alot of hair on them and looked very wrinkled. So we called the manager and changed them ourselves. Also they don't provide anything they say like we asked for a blowdryer and they said they didn't have any due to people stealing them. About the breakfast! It never existed. we went early and the doors were locked where you get this so called breakfast with coffee. It does smell bad in the rooms and they really do need to be updated. As far as them shoveling snow they do a lousey job. So make sure to take your own shovel to get to your room.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Feddogg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Long Beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

The room decor resembles a collection of items you might find in any given alley on trash day. The decor I was willing to over look because we checked in late and my only plans were to sleep, shower and get back on the road first thing in the morning. However the showering part was troubling. The water came out brown in both the bath and sink faucets. Though showering wasn't an option, I did get a few hours sleep. A few days after our stay, I noticed a unauthorized charge on my bank statement for $110 from the hotel. When I called to dispute the charge with the hotel, the lady who answered the phoned denied that they had made the charge and continually hung up on me.

Bottom line... the room was not worth the $50.00 I spent for it and even though I didn't drink the brown water the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Silverthorne hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

do not stay here! I had to get a hotel room quick as a last resort (a prior plan fell through). After seeing what was available for under $100 per night, I booked this hotel online. I called the front desk for directions from keystone, was hung up on, my sister called, she given directions very rudely. Got into the room, bugs everywhere, only 1 lamp works in the whole room. Bathroom window has no curtain and looked directly out to a bus stop! (we hung up towells to act as a curtain). Counters dirty, floor dirty, and feels like things are biting me. I put my own sleeping bag ontop of the bed, I don't recomend sleeping I it. this was definetly a last resort hotel for me, and the only one with rooms left this late at night under $100. I would feel cleaner and safer staying in a tent in the woods.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank Holly_AussieGirl
New Denver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

This place has to be the WORST SCUM I have vever seen in my entire life and I am way over the age of 50......
No way would I recommend this Hotel not even for an hour........The Health Dept should close this place down

The MGR is in need of cleaning up for the appearance stand form.....not good business to have such representing your CORP.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Shanghai, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2009

In 2001 I stayed in a motel in Flagstaff that cost $14. This place was better. The hotel reception area (where breakfast - stale bagels and stale English muffins - is served) smelled like cat piss. The room was OK - not really dirty, but old and shabby. The mattress seemed to be new as claimed. Linens were clean. No bad odors in the room. Lots of cable TV channels. No internet. The walls are thin. This would be a good $30 hotel, but the price is more than double that because of its location. As far as I know, only the youth hostel in Breckenridge is a cheaper option in the area.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — old and shabby
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
Durango Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2008

Stayed here because it was close to the location of my meeting. Made the mistake of taking the room before inspecting it. Big mistake. All the other reviewers only barely suggest the awfulness of this hotel. Stinky, dirty, poorly maintained. Avoid at all cost.

• Liked — Seeing it in the rearview mirror
  • Disliked — The smell
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
Ft. Collins, CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2008

I've stayed in hundreds of hotels. Even the worst have, until now, been bearable. But the room that I got in Silverthorne, at the 1st Inn (1st Interstate Inn) was the most disgusting inhabitance that I can imagine. Even if I tried to picture a hotel room that was creepier or filthier, I couldn't do it. This room was old and tired. The batteries were missing from the TV remote. The ceiling in the bathroom was caving in, and had been supported by long pieces of wood tacked up against it; this quick fix was not working. I shiver thinking about that room now, a week later. It was dark, moldy, and disgusting. The walls were warped and discolored, the water smelled foul from the tap, and every surface in the room was sticky, stained, and sickly. I left almost immediately, not even bothering to check out or complain. I slept in my car. That should emphasize my disgust with this hovel called The 1st Inn. Don't let the moderately clean office fool you...this place is worse than the most disgusting third world gulag I can conjure in my nightmares. I would jump in front of a bus than step foot in this hotel again. Be warned.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing about this hotel appealed to me. I wake, screaming, after having nightmares about their room.
  • Disliked — The indescribable, horrific filth.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank Edgetheow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
0.6 km away
1.4 km away
The Dillon Inn
The Dillon Inn
#3 of 7 in Dillon

Been to 1st Inn Silverthorne? Share your experiences!