“Fairly Ran Down but ok...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Silverthorne
“Fairly Ran Down but ok...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stopped here driving through when we got stuck in a y bad snow storm. The first room we were givrn was pretty dirty and smelled of cigarette smoke even though it's a non-smoking hotel. The attendant was apolegetic and moved us quickly. The second room was cleaner but still ran down. Overall, this stay was just ok. It served its purpose for a quick stay.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Mindysw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

If you’re not looking for luxury, modest to high end overnight stay, this hotel offered a decent rate with some draw backs. Rooms were clean but this is a worn hotel in need of updating and renovation. Walls and furniture were dirty and stained, lots of spot painting going on.

Lots of noise coming from other rooms and the one I received smelled of carpet fresh or frabreeze sprayed over dirty feet/smoke (although a non-smoking floor). Carpets are all dirty and in need of a deep cleaning, especially on the first floor.

Easy to access from highway and close to shops and places to grab some dinner and breakfast. Hotel offered standard waffles, cereals, boiled eggs etc but seating was cramped in the front corner of the lobby and maintained by the front desk clerk, so if you need help or something, be prepared to wait until the desk is clear of others.

I'm not a "quality Inn" frequent visitor for a reason - I think there are better properties available for the money, but this one did provide the basics for a basic price.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Bravosix1
Big Lake, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

Came into town late on my way to Craig, stopped in good rate, clean room.

• Stayed October 2011
Denver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

This hotel was alright. It is in need of updating all around. I had a room on the first floor and it had a strange odor. It was not smoke smell, just musty. The furniture it a bit beat up but functional. Bathroom had new granite counter top and in pretty good shape. Previous comments about noise were very true. The person above me sounded like they were going to come crashing through the ceiling at any minute. When they walked around all I heard was boom boom boom. Another complaint was the wireless connection. I was halfway down the first floor corridor and I kept dropping the wireless connection. It was very frustrating.

The breakfast was alright. They have pastries, cereal, waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit and yogurt. The only complaint with the breakfast was that the eggs and sausage were barely warm and there is not microwave to heat them up. The hotel was not very busy so there were plenty of seats available. If the hotel was full, it would have been tough to find a seat, especially if you are with a family.

I feel that I got what I paid for. I was not expecting luxury and did not get it.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Jason P
simpson,illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

I went to silverthorne for my daughters wedding at the end of August and stayed four nights. This is my third return visit to this hotel. I find that quality inn lives up to its name. The rooms were very clean, staff very friendly especially the owner/manager. It is a pet friendly hotel yet I never hear any noise from the dogs. Breakfast is very good and filling. I plan to stay there again at Thanksgiving time.

Room Tip: ask for second floor mountain view.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol G
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

The service staff was exceptional, attentive and friendly. We stayed here to be close to outlet malls, thinking we would be doing a lot of shopping. The location is good, close to outlet malls, Breckenridge River Walk, 30 min from Mt. Evans. The "deluxe" continental breakfast was waffles, boiled eggs, fruit, muffins, microwaved egg patties and sausage patties. It was ok the first day, but got old fast. The room and rest of hotel needs a serious update. We were on nonsmoking floor(3), but could smell smoke, and there is only one elevator that is always hot and smells of "something". Everything else I can deal with for the price, but the worst thing is this: You can hear everything through the walls. I was woke up at night with the sound of bathroom water, toilet, and circulator fan coming on in next room. I could hear tv in other rooms. I'm particular about my sleep, and you just cant get good sleep here. We did go to Walgreens and bought some ear plugs then we were ok. For the money, this would be an ok place to stay if there were some sound barriers in rooms. Not ideal for romantic second honeymoon where privacy and sleep are essential.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nitngayle78
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stopped here on our way home to Vegas, after driving for several hours. The hotel was nice and clean. Breakfast was OK. My husband and kids thought it was good, but I was not impressed. The staff members that we came into contact with were very courteous. Although we only stayed as a stopover during our long drive, I would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank The_Momma_Dukes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverthorne
0.4 km away
0.8 km away
The Dillon Inn
The Dillon Inn
#3 of 7 in Dillon

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!